Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C Tiberium Wars Help?

• 28-05-2007 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Ive been playing C&C Tiberium wars a bit but Im totally stuck on one of the levels even on easy.... :eek:

Its the level probably 6 or 7th one where you have to defend a base , the nod guy comes on and says he's going to get his forces to send you home.

I defend the base - get the engineers to power up the power stations and I activate the guns turrets, repair the war factory, then I build rifle guys and get them to dig in ....usually a few of them level up to a full star.... I usually get a couple of APC's and Tanks levelled up too.... then off I go to take out the guns attacking the reinforcements - defend the contsruction vehicle and eventually get back to the base..... then get balsted to oblivion with what little remaining forces I have left?

Anyone any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

This had me stumped aswell the key is infrantry only attack from the south/ southwest and vehicles from the north / north east .

What you need to do is power up the cannons on the north and east build around 6 mamoth tanks put 3 at the top 3 at the east ( inbetween the cannons ) this should hold off the vehicles .If they take damage just park them back near the war factory and they will be automatically repaired . Dont forget to put them back out to block the attack.

build 4 apc's put in to the apc's rifle squads ( they can shoot out the window i never knew this !!!) now power up the guns on the west but not the south park 2 apc's inbetween the guns ( south and west ) you may have enough power to power up one gun on the south .

Some air attacks will come so either build Pitbulls or missle guys or power up the AA guns . place the pitbulls / missle guys near the AA guns to take care of air attacks .

Now that should hold them off untill reinforecments come but when you try to go get them your base will get totalled , so attack the north base !! the reinforcments arent in any rush they will sit pinned down but wont get killed .

Build 10 mamoths and attack the north base once this is destroyed you can relax and you bas will be ok .

To get the reinforcements i filled up APC's to hold off infrantry take a few pibulls and mamoths just in case and head for your boys . Dont attack the south base just yet . get the boys back and upack build up an army and attack and take out the south base .

hope that makes sence main thing is to attack the north NOD base before recuse mission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

cheers a million Anto , Ive been stuck for ages feeling like a dumb ass, such a great game ! So I'll rally on up to the north base then ;)
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If you find yourself stuck again, have a look here:
    Gamespot Complete Guide to C&C 3

:D
    If you find yourself stuck again, have a look here:
    Gamespot Complete Guide to C&C 3

I dont know whether those guides are a blessing or not , when i get stuck i tend to look for one but then have this terrible habit of reading the next mission too and just flying through the game takes the fun out of it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The key to this mission is building up a force of tanks 12 - 15 strong as quickly as possible and taking out the northern vehicle base. The infantry base is easy enough to defend against, you just need your turrets online and a pile of infantry units in the "bunker" mode. After you've taken out the vehicle base you can concentrate on the second one.

Don't be in any hurry to rescue the MCV - it won't go anywhere and isn't in any danger until you get to it. When you get it home concentrate on building up your forces, and also build up some serious anti-air defences as you'll come under more and more attacks from the air.

After that its just a matter of air-lifting a pile of tanks on to the plateau and taking down the last base.

Hell of a mission, and easily the hardest GDI mission in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

After the initial part of defending the first wave of attack, using
    infantry and bunkers, send up about 10 predator tanks and wipe
    out the defenders in the NOD base in the North-East.

The key to the next bit is to capture the NOD base!
    I then sent up a load of engineers and captured the buildings.
    Was able to build NOD power plants, construction yards, barracks,
    weapons factory and the full range of NOD base defence buildings.
    This made it a much more interesting battle :) Keep building NOD
    power plants and SAM.

Surround your original base with the new NOD SAM units
    and take out the NOD base to the South just over the bridge.

Rescue your MCV - the only NOD forces remaining should be
    their air base up on the cliff to the South-East (behind your
    original tibernium field).

Build both NOD and GDI airbases once you have the MCV deployed.

Use the power menu to air drop forces up onto the cliff. Combine this
    with air support and take out the last NOD base.

I managed to finish it on hard with all bonus objectives completed.
    Took over an hour but it was an epic battle and most enjoyable! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

The key to the next bit is to capture the NOD base!

i agree... i captured the nod base, built a few tanks, some SAM sites and a whole load of venom and just obliterated the rest of the enemy....

was stuck on this level for quite a while until i thought of capturing the nod base... works a charm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

It never even crossed my mind to capture the base hahah just top blast the crap out of it. cheers for all teh tips and the link . What a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Sell all your troops and go to Vegas!

Worked for me .

<_<

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

im stuck on this level too, couldn't even get past on easy, I got as far as gettting the MCV to the base abd then I get still get swamped! I tried attack the southwest base, I presume you man meant predator tanks I tried to attack the north base with the money that lying around but I keep meeting the fire breeders on my way to the base attack, so most of forces get wiped before I get there.

• Advertisement

Anyone drop the tiberium bomb ? in the GDI mission ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

woops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

thank you.. had no idea on how t get through this mission. only got the game yesterday..
    im goin to pass this level now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

so all you people who posted up above... what're ye're gamertags?

mine's under glass

add me and we try set up some skirmishes soon??

Advertisement