Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Quiz?

Options
  • 28-05-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any decent table quizzes on this week in Cork city?
    An Brog has one tonight I think. Anyone know what time it's at?

Thanks,
    Bacchus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

The Table Quiz on Monday night in the BierHaus, Popes Quay is always good

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

soberlane on a tuesday night is pretty good, kicks off about half eight. it's about twenty quid a table or a fiver a head, whichever is lowest

for a great regular quiz, i can highly recommend the evergreen in turner's cross on a wednesday night, free in and a few rounds of drinks for the winners on the following night, kicks off after whatever premier league match is on, usually about half nine or so.

afaik the bróg quiz starts about eight or so on a monday night, though it could be nine, it's a tough quiz but i dont like the atmosphere in there so i dont go to that one.

It's generally a good idea to keep an eye out for the odd charity quiz or college quiz in your local shop. Don't know of any coming up soon offhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

The Abbey Tavern (Gilabbey Street) do one every Wednesday at 9.30pm. Free entry so obviously there's no prizes but it is a good standard with tough questions set by the eccentric quizmaster Ciarán. It works on a league system and prizes go to the eventual winners (12 week seasons).

Advertisement