Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Question 8 Material

Options
  • 28-05-2007 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone know where stuff on question 8 on the engineering paper can be gotten? it has mechanisms and basic circuits and that..... have new engineering technology book but strangly enough there's nothing in it about them - i think the jc book has more stuff on it like :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Sorry, I can't help directly. you could check out www.wikiseek.com for help but you might get too advanced material.

I don't do this question as my teacher never covered it and I never really thought about even looking at these questions. Is it predictable like the first 4 or 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

ya the first part is always mechanisms and the c part is always a choice between the cnc lathe and circuits (as far as i know). all the questions are fairly predictable - haven't went near 3 & 4 myself, but i know the other ones go like this
    2 - mechanical testing & NDT for part c (usually)
    5 - Welding (only one chapter for the whole question! although the c part has a choice to do robot welding in industry type which the book doesn't cover, i stay away from it anyway...)
    6 - Plastics & the processes for part c (extrusion etc)
    7 - The lathe, milling machine etc', i don't do it
    8 - mechanisms and circuits

thanks for the link anyway, i'll have a sconse off it there now. just thinking there like the book doesn't cover a lot and there's a lot in it you don't need for the exam... era sure it's all interesting i suppose! :P how are you fixed for the turbine question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Q5, on welding isn't too bad. Know your types of welding and how to draw the diagrams. Know the uses and advantages. Robot welding in industry? Advantages are obvious.

Q2, is a great question - know hardness testing, youngs modulus, .1% proof stress and be able to draw the graph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

ya they're handy enough alright. have to get craicing on the first part of q6 and q8, the rest are fine. welding's the easiest alright i say, and q 2's not far behind. i'm shattered tired and going to bed as well. pre was fine, hopefully there'll be no shock structure change or anything :rolleyes:

Advertisement