Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Equipment

Options
  • 28-05-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

hi

just wanted to post the following, hopefully somebody can answer it.

my wife & i have had eircom phonewatch for the last 4 yrs. our yearly renewal is coming up in the next 4 weeks.

basically what we want to know is the following:

1. can we switch provider? i.e. to a different (hopefully cheaper) monitoring company ?

2. if we decide to switch or not renew with eircom (i know the obvious risks of not renewing :) ) are eircom entitled to their equipment back ? the reason i ask this one is that 4 yrs ago my wife & i paid a hefty sum of money to get eircom phonewatch installed. somebody told me that if we do not renew then eircom will arrange for the return of their equipment AND charge us a fee for doing so. i would think no that they cannot do this for the basic reason it costs us money in the first place for them to service the equipment or replace faulty equipment.

can anybody help here ?

thanks - laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

no takers then? i would like peoples' opinions on this...if possible.

--laoisfan

Advertisement