Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest boxes

Options
  • 28-05-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I fitted three nest boxes about ten feet apart last year and one of them has been inhabited by some blue tits. The other two have not been - are they too close together? Also. I would like to install a wireless camera linked to a computer - has anyone done this and if so could you provide full instructions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

As for the first part of your question, Yes, 10 feet would be too near for Blue Tits to nest next to each other, would suggest making different nest boxes for different species if you haven't got a large garden. You will get Blue and Great Tits nesting fairly close together, but would need to restrict access to the one box for Blue Tits only.

As for the other part of your question, I suppose it depends on the type of photographic equipment you have. Would suggest that you post a query to the "Photography" forum, the guys there may be able to help, they seem to be very knowledgeable.

Advertisement