Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Samsung 32" LCD-TV LE32R32B buzzing

• 28-05-2007 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I bought one of these recently from Komplett.
    there was a buzzing noise in the background and it was more noticable when you changed channels.
    Anyway i sent it back and they replaced it. I only have the new one about 2 weeks and the same thing is happening. Before i end up sending this back I was wondering has anybody else seen this. I have disconnected all other plugs around the TV but it still buzzes and it is only when the screen is on.
    This is not a slight sound either.
    Anybody help???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Grums

I have the exact same problem with this TV which I also bought off Komplett.
    I sent it back and they tested it. They said it is fine and gave me some crap excuse about needing to buy a voltage stabiliser to correct the problem.
    The TV is on the way back to me now but I'm not optimistic. Also the original box got damaged and now they are refusing to give me a refund.
    I am so p**sed off. While the TV is cool, that buzzing noise bugs me.
    It occurs when I change channels on Sky Box or pause a DVD.
    Having already spent money replacing my sky box and sending the TV back, why should I pay out again for a Voltage stabiliser with no guarantee that it will work.
    Any idea guys.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If a second set is giving the exact same symptoms then I'd have to suspect something else. I have this set and have never heard any buzzing from it.

What have you got connected to it ? Are you on cable or have you a rooftop antenna. Is the noise there when watching DVDs. Have you checked the socket the set is connected to ? Has it got a good earth ? Try disconnecting everything from the set, even the antenna. Reconnect each item and test for the noise. Start with the basic antenna and go from there.

Does anything make the noise vary, bright scenes, weak signal, a particular channel ?

How would you describe the noise ? How loud is it relative to normal listening levels ?

ZEN

Hard to describe the noise. Sounds like an aeroplane engine I suppose. Not very loud but noticeable all the same.
    When I change channel on Sky box, I get blue screen and information bar (Channel number / program etc. ). Thats when the noise occurs. When the new picture appears ( after approx 2-3 secs) then the noise goes. It seems to occur when there is no picture but only words on screen ( if that makes sense).
    I played a DVD and paused it. Buzzing sound remains until I unpause. It obviously makes a noise at frozen images too
    Noise comes from Top of TV by the way. Just where the those Vents are.
    Grums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It sounds from your description like the power supply or inverter buzzing. I take it the volume control has no effect and the noise is not coming from the speakers. It seems to be affected by screen brightness, i.e. when there is a picture or text on the screen.

Have you tried the set without the antenna connected with a DVD as a source ?

At the end of the day I think it's back to the repair shop with it and ask for a replacement this time. Make a note of the serial number of the set before they take it.

I've listened carefully to my own set but can't even hear a faint noise from it in any circumstances, bright - dark - Sat - DVD . . . etc.

Like most faults of this nature it's almost impossible to diagnose without first hand experience of the symptoms - sorry I cannot be of any further help but you do still have your warranty so my advice is to utilise it to the max !

ZEN

Thanks for that ZEN. I will let you know how I get on.

Grums

• Advertisement

Hey Jocky,

Any update on your situation. Have you had any joy with Komplett ?

Grums

Advertisement