Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil or Gas?

Options
  • 28-05-2007 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone/anywhere where I can compare the price of oil and gas for central heating. I have oil at the moment but am considering a move to gas if the price is right. This would be fills of oil/gas to a tank as I live in the countryside.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Although i live in the countryside, and have gas, i wonder how you think it'll save you money.......?? For a start, a new condensing boiler will cost you over Eur 2k............

As for 'how much', that's going to be difficult to gauge..........you'll have to work out how many litres of oil a year you currently use, and extract the energy out of that............and replace it litres of gas. Then it's price of one vs. the other. Changing from oil to gas, in and of itself, may not save you money on a per-week basis......

However, there are so many other advantages of the gas, you may find that sways the argument.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Even when mains gas was considered cheaper than oil, gas stored in a tank, and electric heating were accepterd as being the most expensive.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Gas stored in tanks is supposed to be more expnsive than gas piped. I have oil and don't see the financial benefits switching to gas.

Advertisement