Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental treatment price difference North v South?

• 28-05-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, need some dental work done, out of interest, roughly what would the difference in price be, between the north and south for normal work ie fillings etc and then cosmetic dentistry, we talking half the price etc? im located in Dublin, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 SedationDentist

There's definitely going to be a difference in cost probably about 50%, the question is do you want the cheapest? If I was getting any surgery (including dental) I would sure want the best.
    The costs for dental treatment vary according to the quality of the materials used, the time spent , the cost of the laboratory fees, and other surgery costs. When I make a crown for a patient, I can do it in 30 minutes and send it to an ultra cheap lab; or I can take a lot longer and send it to the best, the difference in laboratory cost alone will be anywhere between €30 and €300. Here's the point though - YOU COULDNT TELL THE DIFFERENCE JUST BY LOOKING. For sure, one stands a lot better chance of being there in 20 years than the other. So how do you know what you're getting? You probably don't.
    I think it's more important to build up a relationship with a dentist you can trust, preferably one well qualified, with an active interest in continuing education and ideally with a recommendation from someone you know.

So if you want cheap go North - I'm not saying it will be poor, it may in fact be very good. I simply know that in my my work I can't consistently provide anything near the kind of quality treatment that I would want in my mouth at those prices.

Advertisement