Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

invoices

Options
  • 28-05-2007 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Is it legal on an invoice to write your business address in one country and your bank details of an account in another country (within EU)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

can see a reason why it would be a problem, the bank details are only a request for payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lola_run

Nuttzz wrote:
    can see a reason why it would be a problem, the bank details are only a request for payment

Sorry, I don't understand your reply.

i assume its your invoice that you are sending to customers and asking them to pay into a certain bank account, is this correct?

Nuttzz wrote:
    i assume its your invoice that you are sending to customers and asking them to pay into a certain bank account, is this correct?

yes, indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

AFAIK there's no legal obligation to provide any bank info to anyone. That said, most business do to make it easier to get paid. I would imagine the actual account number on the invoice would be irrelevent.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote:
    AFAIK there's no legal obligation to provide any bank info to anyone. That said, most business do to make it easier to get paid. I would imagine the actual account number on the invoice would be irrelevent.

Are you saying that the Revenue would never ask to see bank statements if an audit takes place?

No, the revenue will want to see all the accounts for the business no matter where they are located

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You are giving us no context as to why you would do such a thing. The short answer is no, there's nothing wrong with it per se.

The long answer is that there is likely to be something to be something about your business setup that requires appropriate registration as a business and to pay tax in various places.

It all sounds a bit complicated to me.

Advertisement