Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What hard drive is compatible?

Options
  • 28-05-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just wondering can anyone tell me what sort of hard drive would be compatible with a compaq presario 6600?

I dont know anything at all about hardware and my GF's computer is running out of hard drive space fast.

Looking for an internal solution. Would it be possible to add a second HD to this pc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You are looking for a 3.5" IDE hard drive, should not be difficult to pop it in beside the first one and normally you can connect it on the same cable. I'm not 100% if there is a limit on the size that your motherboard can handle or not. You can look at the selection Komplett.ie have here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Indeed as ruu said, you might be hit with a 24bit lba problem. which means you will be limited to formatting the drive at 136gb.

You will need to check yoru bios to see if there is a 24bit lba option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Thanks for the replies!
    How can I check that?

Advertisement