Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights EL: Dublin Derby on Setanta

• 28-05-2007 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Third placed Bohemians will have their title credentials tested tonight when they host eircom League Premier Division leaders St Patrick's Athletic at Dalymount Park, kick-off 8.00pm.

Bohemians go into tonight's game nine points behind the league leaders and they could climb to second with Drogheda not playing until Tuesday night.

Bohs recorded their eighth clean sheet in the league this season in beating Galway 1-0 on Friday night at Terryland Park. One of those clean sheets came against the Saints when the sides met in Inchicore last April - with the Gypsies becoming the first side to take a point off their Dublin rivals this season.

Bohemians' manager Sean Connor welcomes back John Paul Kelly from suspension, while Kevin Hunt and Mark Rossiter return to the squad from injury. Meanwhile, Deane Pooley, Harpal Singh and Fergal Harkin remain sidelined with injuries.

According to Sean Connor, halting St Patrick's Athletic's charge at the top of the Premier Division table with a win at Dalymount Park tonight will launch Bohemians fully into the title race themselves.

Connor said: 'I think this game hands us an ideal opportunity. I'm not saying it's a must-win, but we certainly mustn't get beaten. If we do win it, I think we do have title credentials. It would put us four points ahead of Cork and even though they've games in hand, they've got to win them and squeeze them into their fixture list as they are in Europe.

'It would also put pressure on Drogheda who suddenly go from being comfortable in second to dropping to third and they'll need a win tomorrow to put themselves back up there again.'

St Patrick's Athletic may have stumbled after their loss in Cork recently but they bounced back last week to record two wins - including that huge win over Drogheda last Monday night. They have now won nine of their twelve league games to date and have outscored everyone else in the division.

Alan Kirby returned for the Saints after injury on Friday night and assuming he has suffered no reaction to his groin injury, he should continue in the starting eleven. Stephen Paisley missed out with an ankle injury over the weekend and could again be a doubt to start. Joseph Ndo is not yet ready to return after injury.

Big game for Boh`s, they have to win to try keep pace with us, I hope we bring the bus but sadly we not good enough so will have to go at them, looking forward to seeing the big club in a pressure game where they have to attack.

Live on Setanta @8

Will take a point but would like a win. Pats should play same team as friday.
    Ryan
    ..........Maguire Brennan Foley
    Murphy ...........Fahey ........ O Connor
    ..............Mulcahy....... Kirby
    ..............Quigley O Neill

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Fancy Bohs to win this.

Bohs always good at home and usually raise their game for these derby games.

Imagine Pats going 11 points clear:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i think it will be 0-0

any score yet?

1-0 Bohs

Stephen Rice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Totally outplayed by the golden generation managed by the chosen one :(

How its only 1 -0 i dont know.

Sarcastic **** aside, reckon we will get something from this game. Bohs are bringing the bus and its working they scored from their one shot on goal and thats after we dominated the opening half. Fenn timewasting at 44mns Jp kellys yellow for diving being the hightlights of the golden teams play. They got a nice goal on the break but its all Pats with little penetration tho.

If our bubble bursts playing football like that and still be top of the league , terrible times :D

Frost on O Connor and we go 433. Great game ....well we are great to watch some of our play has been simply superb (with no end result) but still great to watch.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Good goal by Pats. Shocking decision to book JP Kelly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

2-0. Rossiter peno.

FCUKKKKKKKKK!!!

Hate losing to teams that play like that, at least if your outplayed and lose fair enough hold your hand up and say "they were better" but when they played a flat back 8 and hit you on the break twice with their only 2 shots on goal. Damn that sucks.

Fecking football...your a cruel mistresss but at least your consitent.

:(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

KdjaCL wrote:
    FCUKKKKKKKKK!!!

Hate losing to teams that play like that, at least if your outplayed and lose fair enough hold your hand up and say "they were better" but when they played a flat back 8 and hit you on the break twice with their only 2 shots on goal. Damn that sucks.
    kdjac
    Take yer medicine! :D
    You were outplayed consistently. You did some pretty Kirby-Fahey stuff in midfield (for which thanks) but at the expense of leaving yourselves woefully exposed, and most of the danger you created came from balls bouncing round the box.
    Joxer's so-called dive was rated a penalty by neutral match reports -- Alan Kelly looking for notice in a Bohs match yet again.
    Are the wheels about to come off the Pat's bandwagon?

SectionF wrote:
    Are the wheels about to come off the Pat's bandwagon?

Its not a wagon its a bubble, burst weeks ago seemingly. At least now you can say you seen some decent football in Dalymount this season :D

kdjac

Good result for the league(& City) last night.

Hopefully we can get a result tonight. I'd take a draw at this stage considering our indifferent away form and Rovers impressive home form since last season.

Derry vs Waterford Home
    Sligo vs Drogheda Home
    Longford vs Galway Away
    Bray vs UCD Home
    Rovers vs Cork City Home

• Advertisement

Bray Wanderers -v- UCD

Derry City -v- Waterford United

Longford Town -v- Galway United

Sligo Rovers -v- Drogheda United

Shamrock Rovers -v- Cork City

More games tonight.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

massive match for drogheda tonight it is a must win if we are to mount any sort of challenge on st pats title.......

really hope grant starts ahead of fitzy tonight and hopefully ollie cahill will get his finger out and actually do something worthwhile this season...

redzerdrog wrote:
    massive match for drogheda tonight it is a must win if we are to mount any sort of challenge on st pats title.......

It your title with your big Squad, we just keeping it wamr and giving you something to aim for. Sligo win tonight be super tho :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Limerick 37 3 - 0 Wexford Youths

Great match!!!!

(btw when is the draw for the fai cup and when will it be played)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Limerick 37 3 - 0 Wexford Youths

Great match!!!!

(btw when is the draw for the fai cup and when will it be played)
    Well done Limerick, having a decent season. Although in fairness tonights opposition wasn't up to much. The Youths bubble has well and truly burst. Limerick are a strong side at home though. Only the mighty Dundalk have managed to beat them down there this season!

Pighead wrote:
    Well done Limerick, having a decent season. Although in fairness tonights opposition wasn't up to much. The Youths bubble has well and truly burst. Limerick are a strong side at home though. Only the mighty Dundalk have managed to beat them down there this season!

I think we have a better away record....

We have the best defensive record in the league, Pat Purcell is GOD, such a great centre back!

Our problem is scoring goals though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

We have the best defensive record in the league, Pat Purcell is GOD, such a great centre back!

Cobh have only conceded 5 goals so far! ;)

.......Cobh.........bleugh!!!

Btw: when is the draw for the fai cup and when will the 2nd round game be played?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just to comment on the Shels 2-0 Kilkenny game last night.

I have never, in my life, seen a more inept refereeing performance as the fella who was reffing that game.

Anyways, we got three points, which moves us into double figures. \o/

It comes just a few weeks later than I'd have been expecting results to go our way. We played reasonably well, putting a fair few good passing moves together and looked solid at the back throughout. Apart from when Kilkenny tried to break our centre half's (John Brophy) leg, right under the lineswoman's nose. Ref either didn't see it, or else such 'tackles' are par for the course in Poland.

We played on and Glen Lacey scored an absolute peach to make it two nil, adding to James Chambers' first half strike after a scramble in the box.

Just want to point out what a hero James Chambers is, he'd get a game for most teams in the Premier, but decided to stay with Shels after the debacle of last season. Himself and Jim Crawford, Shelbourne Legends.

Btw: when is the draw for the fai cup and when will the 2nd round game be played?!

The draw takes place in Portlaoise on the 31st May.

Now, as far as I know the League goes on a two week Hiatus after this weekend's games, we have no game between the 2nd and 22nd June, the cup games could be played during that break?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

seansouth wrote:
    I have never, in my life, seen a more inept refereeing performance as the fella who was reffing that game.

I echo this. I've seen some absolutely abysmal officiating this season but this bit the biscuit last night. I may call refs sh!t but I rarely call them cheats but that guy last night gave Shels absolutely NOTHING all game and I'm in no doubt he had it in for Shels. The Brophy tackle was an out and out assault and it's an utter miricle that the bottom half of John's leg didn't go flying into the stand. Not sending off the c*nt who made the ''tackle'' was bad enough but not giving a free kick and letting play go on was utterly astonishing. Also, the lineswoman was right next to the tackle and gave nothing but in fairness she hasn't got a clue of what she was doing all match. I think she also lined for the Monaghan match at Tolka and she was equally as shocking then. Also, Davitt Walsh was sent off 1) for been mistakingly booked by our referee friend when it was Mark Leech who pushed over the Kilkenny player and 2) he was booked for knocking on the ball a second after the whistle was blown. His sending off and both yellow cards must be rescinded if there is anything called justice in our league. If I see any worse refereeing this season than last night I am going to run onto the pitch and give some verbals to these incompetent clowns officiating our league.

it's an utter miricle that the bottom half of John's leg didn't go flying into the stand.

He has a broken bone in his foot:mad:

Also, Davitt Walsh was sent off 1) for been mistakingly booked by our referee friend when it was Mark Leech who pushed over the Kilkenny player and 2) he was booked for knocking on the ball a second after the whistle was blown. His sending off and both yellow cards must be rescinded if there is anything called justice in our league.
    Agreed

If I see any worse refereeing this season than last night I am going to run onto the pitch and give some verbals to these incompetent clowns officiating our league.
    I was this -->.<-- close to doing that last night. I was sitting right behind the fourth official last night and gave him dogs abuse for the last ten minutes.

Do we know each other JA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Another defeat for Cork City last night. 2-0 away to Shams. I would imagine the knives will well and truly be out for Rico regardless of the result on Friday against Derry.

Since we won the league 18 long long months ago, nothing has happened, no players signed(except the 2 who we cant use). We have a squad of players who most are not good enough. Thise that are good enough want out - Roy and Gamble most notably. Only a matter of time before Dan Murray says similar. Something needs to be done immediately, or it will be another 12 years before we win another title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Another loss to Galway last night, shambolic defending for the goals, played better the second half, hitting the woodwork twice and their keeper making some amazing saves. Leaves us 10 points off them and frankly that is that.

We'll be seeing you in Tolka next season Ronan.

And there's no way I'm going back to the FlanSiro if it's in poxy winter next year.

Advertisement