Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Platini wants the G14 to disband

• 28-05-2007 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Uefa president Michel Platini has called for the G14 to disband and drop a number of lawsuits it is supporting.

The G14 represents 18 European clubs, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United all current members.

Platini wants the G14 to air their grievances through a new body - the Professional Football Strategy Council.

"We can stop seeing each other before the courts, we can stop making a spectacle of ourselves in front of the whole of Europe," said Platini.

The G14 has come into conflict with world governing body Fifa over its support for a number of court actions to gain compensation for players injured whilst on international duty.

Belgian club Charleroi have taken Fifa to the European Court of Justice over a player who was injured while on international duty and a similar case is pending involving Olympique Lyon of France.

Charleroi want compensation after Abdelmajid Oulmers was ruled out for eight months after being injured while on duty for Morocco, while Olympique Lyon launched a similar action after Eric Abidal broke his foot playing for France.

Platini added: ""Presidents and heads of the major clubs - let us profit from your great experience and your ideas.

"Tell us about your convictions. Uefa's door is wide open - join us, and I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

"I am convinced that you will hear this appeal, because it is being made in the sense of history, and with progress at the service of football in mind."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6698805.stm

Heheheh at least hes trying.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Just as pats were about to be invited to join

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

An interesting move, but I suspect the battle for the spoils of football will continue for many decades to come as the money involved is greater than ever. The G14 v Uefa/Fifa battle is only warming up, and there will be many rounds I suspect.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

G14 is expanding beyond its current 16 clubs soon isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

G14 is expanding beyond its current 16 clubs soon isn't it?

Yup, I think they are currently 18 clubs and want to expand to 36.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

If they do, a European Superleague won't be too far behind.

Can't say I'm thrilled with that TBH.

• Advertisement
Advertisement