Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English?

Options
  • 28-05-2007 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering if anybody else is actually doing Il Postino for the film.... and WHY they put an Italian film on the english course.. I mean it really is pretty easy film but.. WHY couldn't we have done My Left Foot.. The film which we were forced to watch 10109701970 times in religion between 1st and 4th year in between breaks from watching The Field even more times..
    Just wanted to know what other people thought of it.. and if you thought Mario should've stayed alive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why didn't you just do My Left Foot yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

We were stuck with Witness which has to be one of the most horrendous films I have ever seen, so consider yourself lucky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

My Left Foot is simple, entertaining, and easy to write about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

JC 2K3 wrote:
    My Left Foot is simple, entertaining, and easy to write about :)

And also quite fun to mimick =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

We were stuck with Witness which has to be one of the most horrendous films I have ever seen, so consider yourself lucky!!
    A bit harsh that. I quite like harrison myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

My Left Foot's a great film. As is The Field, though I'm nearly sure that's not on the course. I'd agree with one of the posters that maybe you could've studied it by yourself, although it's a bit late now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I agree, biggest load of bull... Funny to criticise though as there's so many flaws, and and least it's not boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ah come on......BOOBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

ah come on......BOOBS!
    Yeah, they are very ample aren't they ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I am doing Il Postino also. Not a bad movie at all. I've seen My Left foot a couple of times, but I'm still glad we are doing Il Postino.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

Ah here, seriously A room with a view must rate as one of the most sickening films ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Also watching it in segments over the course of a few weeks doesn't do it any favours. It is a dreadfully boring movie though, although most of the stuff on the course is. (Silas Marner... eugh)

Does anyone know why exactly or how these films and texts are chosen?

Advertisement