Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai waiting list

Options
  • 28-05-2007 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm trying to get hold of a higher spec Nissan Qashqai (2.0 Diesel 4x4 auto) but the dealers (2 different ones) are telling me it could be January '08 before I see it! Factory can't cope with the demand apparently. Sounds unbelievable. Anybody know if there's a faster way to get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Import one or pay over the odds for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,350 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Pretty much what BostonB said. This has happened many times recently with other cars, but mainly in the higher end of the market

There's been a lot of (anecdotal) evidence that there is indeed a long waiting list for the Qashqai and that no discounts are given on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Ireland sold out it's 2007 allocation of Qashqai's within 2 weeks of launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

testicle wrote:
    Ireland sold out it's 2007 allocation of Qashqai's within 2 weeks of launch.
    Parked alongside one in my Focus C-Max the other day, and was surprised to see that they were pretty much identical in size. When I've seen them out on the road they always appeared much bigger somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

Yeah, funny enough they feel bigger on the inside too (than they really are).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Are they a little taller perhaps?

Regarding availability, a friend in work was looking into one for his wife. They were out of brochures across the Nissan dealer network, never mind an actual Qashqai!
    They said it would be October before he's see one, and that was at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anemone wrote:
    telling me it could be January '08 before I see it!
    Two work colleagues have ordered 'cash cows' also and have been told it will be January at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭nupplenits

Lovely cars, no wonder they're being sold out.

ciarsd wrote:
    Are they a little taller perhaps?
    Only by 2cm! Also 1cm shorter and 4cm narrower than the C-Max. I was surprised too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Buy a CRV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

August for next delivery down this way - base model though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

an suv without actually being an suv.

very nice though

Buy a CRV.

Ah but you see that's where the Qashqai comes in handy. The cheapest CR-V (€42k)is 60% more expensive than the cheapest Qashqai (€26k)

Anyway, pretty much none of the buyers of those type of cars require 4WD for the school run

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

This is the funniest thread I've read in ages!

blastman wrote:
    This is the funniest thread I've read in ages!
    Why, exactly? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nice foglights.

p.s. He's looking for €1000 over list price for a used one! :eek:

unkel wrote:
    Ah but you see that's where the Qashqai comes in handy. The cheapest CR-V (€42k)is 60% more expensive than the cheapest Qashqai (€26k)

Anyway, pretty much none of the buyers of those type of cars require 4WD for the school run

Cheapest Cashcow is €23995 ex works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

nupplenits wrote:
    Lovely cars, no wonder they're being sold out.

not surprising, considering it's based on this:

RXfront.jpg

btw- the Qashqai - definately available in diesel and auto ??? mmmmmmmm, interesting.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Cheapest Cashcow is €23995 ex works.

Indeed! I must have misread carzone when I looked at it last night. That means that the cheapest CR-V is 75% more expensive than the Ca$hCow

Hardly competitors so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

my favourite bit:

genuine reason for sale . long waiting list for this particular car .

says it all!

colm_mcm wrote:
    genuine reason for sale . long waiting list for this particular car .

says it all!

That's the most honest "genuine reason for sale" I've seen in a long time :D

Fair play to seller. Laws of supply and demand and all that...

Nice to see Nissan are balancing the whole waiting list problem with the arrival of the Tiida, that should scare people away from the showrooms enough for Qashqai production to catch up with demand in time for next years hire car market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I was in one the other day, I really don't know what all the fuss is about, I wouldn't look twice at one of them tbh, they're nothing special really.:rolleyes:

probably a bit cheap for you ;)

EDIT: That guy with the used one is taking bids on it, says he got a bid of 25,500 and is open to more bids! (possibly spoofing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They are very cheap and nasty inside and the build quality is very iffy. I'd sooner buy a 5 year old quality brand than a new cheap and nasty brand anyday, the year on the plate means nothing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Yea right, thats why there is such a demaind for them eh.
    Bought one and love it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

Niall06 wrote:
    Yea right, thats why there is such a demaind for them eh.
    Bought one and love it:D

High demand ?? Just means a lack of originality and/or taste on behalf on most people.
    Wonder how many of these along with Kia's and other 4x4 wannabes will be in use in 5 years time ?? Disposable motoring at it finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

i see nothing special with them either. They are just more Chelsea tractors. Another car that will be wasted on the school run.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    ...That guy with the used one is taking bids on it, says he got a bid of 25,500 and is open to more bids! (possibly spoofing)

Almost certainly spoofing. It's worth not a cent more than €22k.

Advertisement