Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai waiting list

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Glanza V wrote:
    i see nothing special with them either.

I agree. They are however the first mass market "crossover" vehicle. It's all about the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

alfarocks wrote:
    High demand ?? Just means a lack of originality and/or taste on behalf on most people.
    Wonder how many of these along with Kia's and other 4x4 wannabes will be in use in 5 years time ?? Disposable motoring at it finest.

You probably drive a Fiat Punto:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

now now ladies nothing wrong with the punto esp the 1.3 multijet diesel which will go to the moon and back on a tank of the black stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

have to agree with junkyard i dont know what the fuss is

is this the must have car for people who arent into cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

^^^ Looks like it. I know someone who had one of the first ones in my area and they have no interest in cars at all. In fact I never even knew or heard of the CashCow till I saw it. We must live in another car world altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

I test drove one a while back (2L 4x4) and while it was a very capable, well spec'd motor at a reasonable price point ... I was bored to tears with it.

I did the test drive to prove a point to my wife who was considering it. The following weekend I took her out on a test drive in the GTi and needless to say it worked and 12 weeks later she wonders why she even considered the Quasqui.

Everyone has a differnent reason for buying an individual car, be it looks, engine, speed, spec, reliability, badge, image, economy etc ... therefore I don't believe anyone can berate another person's choice.

BTW .. I don't think I will ever tire of driving the GTi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I don't see why there is such a negative feeling about the QashQai?

It is just a car in a newish category that appeals to some people (alot of people it seems), in the same way sports cars/huge SUVs/Estate Cars etc appeal to people.

Some people like them and some don't, like ALL cars. Live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its not negative i dont think just total indifference and a bemusement at how a bland looking nissan, faux off roader can be in such high demand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Seems to be quite a few '05/06 GTI's for (private) sale on carzone. Whether it the car or some badgeheads living beyond their means, who knows!

TomMc wrote:
    Seems to be quite a few '05/06 GTI's for (private) sale on carzone. Whether it the car or some badgeheads living beyond their means, who knows!

there could be any reason .. but it is very heavy on juice if not driven with a feather (I can get anything from 32mpg to 22mpg in a day), plus the insurance companies like quoting mad money for them.

I know a few people who bought a 05 manual and are now looking for a newer DSG version.

back on topic .... toyota and nissan have been making bland, boring uninspired cars for generations but still sell them by their 10s of millions ... why would the QuasQai be any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Buy a Land Rover Defender. They are tougher, better looking and will last a hell of a lot longer than that tin can!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can think of way more reasons not to buy a Defender than I can not to buy a Qashqai. Way more!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

joewicklow wrote:
    Buy a Land Rover Defender. They are tougher, better looking and will last a hell of a lot longer than that tin can!!!

LOL Who told you that?

joewicklow wrote:

mmmmhhhh .. it's like comparing sh1t and chocolate !! !

the yummy mummy driving a defender wouldn't be too pleased with the spec level and the creature comforts !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

or the safety for the little darlings

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In fairness to Joe WIcklow, there are lots of schools on the tops of mountains that have no roads up them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I think you are all missing the point.

Alot of people want a car that has a higher driving position than standard. Also, they may not want a big hulking yoke that takes up too much space on the road and uses about 5 gallons of fuel to the mile.

The Qashqai does all this. It is not an off roader, (I would guess that the majority sold are 2wd), and does not claim to be, it is simply a family hatchback that is slightly taller than most. Where is the problem in that?

BTW, I do not own one, and currently have no intention of buying one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ford will take a sizeable portion of this sub market soon enough...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/208843/focus_4x4_is_here.html

car_photo_218524_7.jpg

Advertisement