Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Brands To Buy On Ebay

• 28-05-2007 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I bought some Abercrombie stuff, what else are good brands that are readily available on Ebay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Be very careful of fakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

Do you not care how the clothes fit? Generally in a shop 90% of the stuff I try on is not a great fit so buying from a picture would be pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Attol wrote:
    Be very careful of fakes!
    Indeedy. I'm a fan of Paul Smith shirts and suits, but the amount of fakes on Ebay is incredible.

I know it sounds like a horrible generalisation, but if the seller is based outside Europe/USA, then caveat emperor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i've never had that problem with buying from e bay:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

I'm buying from the UK and all the stuff I've bought so far is genuine with all the correct tags etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Be very careful, as previous people have said, ebay is infested with fakes. I think it is wiser to wait for sales in the major stores, only a few weeks away. You will get stuff in season (it will still be summer!) and for good prices. You can feel completely safe in knowing you are wearing the real deal and not something that was in fashion a few years back. Just my opinion on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Be very careful, as previous people have said, ebay is infested with fakes. I think it is wiser to wait for sales in the major stores, only a few weeks away. You will get stuff in season (it will still be summer!) and for good prices. You can feel completely safe in knowing you are wearing the real deal and not something that was in fashion a few years back. Just my opinion on the matter.

What stores would you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

yeah generally stick to sellers from europe/usa if buying from ebay.You can usually tell by looking at the item itself if it is fake r not from the tags on it also feedback and preious items sold are good to look at .I agree though alot of the stuff on the site is fake but ive never bought a fake item myself thanfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Triton wrote:
    What stores would you suggest?
    I am from Cork and I find Brown Thomas has an excellent sale. I also went to the one in Dublin in December, along with Harvey Nichs. Brown Thomas reduce the prices even further after a few weeks so you can pick something up for a really good price. A couple of examples from last Jan: Got a Paul Smith London Line shirt for 80eur (reduced from 200), a PS Paul Smith blazer for 200eur (reduced from 450), Hugo Boss orange label trousers for 40 eur, John Smedley knitwear for 60eur (reduced from 160). Those are just a few examples, but I think it is much better than ebay.

Advertisement