Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someones acting the goat with my IE7

• 28-05-2007 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

hello ,I think someone is messing with my internet connection here at home.
    My Wifi connection dropped ,when I reconnected and ie7 went to google.ie ,a page came up saying the page cannot be displayed.

But on the bottom of the page it was a java script line with google.ie the call for it.
    When I clicked again ,I went to a different page . Btinternet page.

How can someone do stuff like this ??

EDIT : Maybe I should have posted this in the Security forum :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

_Brian_ wrote:
    hello ,I think someone is messing with my internet connection here at home.
    My Wifi connection dropped ,when I reconnected and ie7 went to google.ie ,a page came up saying the page cannot be displayed.

But on the bottom of the page it was a java script line with google.ie the call for it.
    When I clicked again ,I went to a different page . Btinternet page.

How can someone do stuff like this ??

EDIT : Maybe I should have posted this in the Security forum :(

was it not just a web page sent from your roupter saying the DSL was down at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If thats what it was ,can't understand where the btinternet page came from.
    It looked like a page that was called.
    EDIT : Holy family member ,where did you get your avatar:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

its a hosts file redirection it seems. should be simple to fix.

Please download the self-extracting version of HijackThis from here:

HijackThis_sfx download

Save HijackThis_sfx to your desktop.

Double-click the file then click the Unzip button. Then close the Self-Extractor window.

Using My Computer/Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe to run it. If you would like to make a shortcut for your Desktop so it's more easily accessable, right click HijackThis.exe and choose Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).

Please run the extracted HijackThis.exe from now on. Delete any copies of HijackThis.zip that you have saved.

Open HijackThis and click Do a system scan and save a log file. Copy the entire contents of that log and post it here

Advertisement