Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thins To Do In Dundalk

• 28-05-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Going there next week. Anyone got any ideas? Going to be there Monday to Thursday morning so three nights.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Oriel Park is the stadium of Kings.....go see a game!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Yeah, pack up bag and move!! What a kip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

okgirl wrote:
    Yeah, pack up bag and move!! What a kip!

Nice...Ya gotta love the small-minded people in this world...especially those with classy names like 'ok girl'...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been a few times with ppl from Ardee and tbh there's not much to do besides going for dinner and drinks. And I'm too old to hang around "the square".

Dundalk is a great place...yes, it has it's problems but show me a big town in this country that doesnt?? This town has had alot of s**t thrown at it over the years but it's people are good people and have really tried to make this as good a town as any other you will find in this Green Isle!
    As for things to do, use you imagination. Go Ice-skating, Hill walking(Cooley Mountains), swimming(Aura) or horse-riding (Ravensdale) if one is feeling active.
    Visit the museum, the art exhibitions or the music recitals(both in the town Hall) if one is on a cultural mood.
    Check out the gig guide for the Spirit Store(best music venue in Louth), the cinema or a bit of bowling if one is in the mood for a good night out.
    And as for food and drink, there is any amount of good eateries (Number 32, Rosso, Fitzpatricks, Custers, Villa Toscana to name just a few) and pubs (Courtneys, Spirit Store, The Phoenix etc) if one fancies a night on the town.
    The above is just a short synoposis of just some of the things to do in Dundalk. Visit Carlingford, the gem of the north east, if one has a car and wants to experience some of Louth's heritage. Check out the adventure centre for some extreme sports!
    Just give the place a go. You might surprise yourself! LL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nice...Ya gotta love the small-minded people in this world...especially those with classy names like 'ok girl'...:rolleyes:
    Now then ladylorenzo, your post is very mean spirited. I am sure okgirl is entitled to her opinion as much as you, therefore, there really is no need to turn it into a cat fight by analysising her username.(usernames are something made up quiet frequently on the spur of the moment therefore 'class' really does not come into it)Actions such as that have given Dundalk the reputation of being a 'rough town' in the past. :eek: Surely you are not as small minded as that. I am sure many would agree with your opinion of Dundalk as many would agree with okgirls.

The general tone of you post is not very nice and slagging off someone username really shouldn't be done. You should try to be a little more tolerant of people and do not be so defensive or on the attack, as I am sure people from Dundalk have had to be over the years. While Dundalk has come on in leaps and bounds over the past 10yrs it is not necessarily every ones idea of the perfect place. Mind you you description of dundalk is very inviting. I may just visit the wee home town soon!

Slan

Now then ladylorenzo, your post is very mean spirited. I am sure okgirl is entitled to her opinion as much as you, therefore, there really is no need to turn it into a cat fight by analysising her username.(usernames are something made up quiet frequently on the spur of the moment therefore 'class' really does not come into it)Actions such as that have given Dundalk the reputation of being a 'rough town' in the past. :eek: Surely you are not as small minded as that. I am sure many would agree with your opinion of Dundalk as many would agree with okgirls.

The general tone of you post is not very nice and slagging off someone username really shouldn't be done. You should try to be a little more tolerant of people and do not be so defensive or on the attack, as I am sure people from Dundalk have had to be over the years. While Dundalk has come on in leaps and bounds over the past 10yrs it is not necessarily every ones idea of the perfect place. Mind you you description of dundalk is very inviting. I may just visit the wee home town soon!

Slan

Jungdreamer

I do apologise if I came accross as being 'mean-spirited'...that was not my intention. The general tone of your post, i assume, was intended to be one of diplomacy and fairness. I am however quite taken aback by the manner in which you feel justified in attacking my 'slagging off' of one individual's username while at the same time, you appear to condone okgirl's description of one of the largest and densely populated towns in Ireland as 'a kip'. Is the said OP not therefore slagging off a very large number of people by making derrogatory statements about their hometown. Worse still, is she not 'slagging' of those who have chosen to come and live in this town over the years?? Please, if you are going to go down the diplomacy route, try not to be so blatantly biased when trying to do so.LL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Jungdreamer

I do apologise if I came accross as being 'mean-spirited'...that was not my intention. The general tone of your post, i assume, was intended to be one of diplomacy and fairness. I am however quite taken aback by the manner in which you feel justified in attacking my 'slagging off' of one individual's username while at the same time, you appear to condone okgirl's description of one of the largest and densely populated towns in Ireland as 'a kip'. Is the said OP not therefore slagging off a very large number of people by making derrogatory statements about their hometown. Worse still, is she not 'slagging' of those who have chosen to come and live in this town over the years?? Please, if you are going to go down the diplomacy route, try not to be so blatantly biased when trying to do so.LL

Hey there,
    relax on the subject and put the soap box away. At no stage in my post did I condone any one's opinion I merely pointed out that we are all entitled to individual opinion and if this does not agree with your particular view it is not justified or dignified to slag off ones user name. That of course is my opinion.

'Almost every opinion has some merit,especially if we are looking for merit, rather than looking for errors' - Richard Carlson, : 'Don't sweat the small stuff.':rolleyes:

Hey there,
    relax on the subject and put the soap box away.

Aw man..hate it when people revert to patronising others as a means of winning an argument..And there was I looking forward to an enjoyable debate on the matter...No fun :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

Dundalk is quality....

lots to do and see... up the town..Whoever said Dundalk is a kip is prob from Drogheda the rivalry is fierce...

• Advertisement

lots to do and see... up the town..Whoever said Dundalk is a kip is prob from Drogheda the rivalry is fierce...

Actually dundalk born and bred!

Sorry to disappoint you!

ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Get Pighead out for a beer.

smashey wrote:
    Get Pighead out for a beer.

Why thank you! A beer would be lovely. Can you recommend any where? It's been so long I'm not too sure where to go.

ok:;)

Advertisement