Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pc

Options
  • 28-05-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Ok now im thinking of buying new pc from local computer store,where they order all parts from internet sites but not komplett.ie.So i was thinking is it possible to get good system for about 1500euro.The main parts which i want for my box would be 8800gtx video card ,dual core e6600 proccesor minimum of 2gigs ram and mainboard which would support overclocking and sli.
    So maybe someone of yous could offer which parts to choose like psu and mainboard,ram.I will use system mostly for gaming/graphics and dont want to worry about any upgardes for a year at least.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I'd probably go with an Asus P35 Intel chipset. Supports all current Core 2's plus future revisions but no SLI support only Crossfire. If you want SLI support well how big is your monitor as an 8800GTX is a very powerful piece of hardware and SLI is wasted on it until you go to very extreme resolutions.

As for RAM get some Corsair brand DDR-2 800 but there is also overclockers RAM it depends on how far your pushing it guess.

As for the PSU a Seasonic M12 600W should be more than enough high quality & quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pinkiss

My monitor is 17inch now but im going to upgarde to sli in future when one gtx wont be enough.
    One more question :) is there a big difference between e6600 and e6700 processors because its small difference in Mhz and price difers aroud 100euro,is it worth to buy e6700 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If not overclocking get the E6700 if you are overclocking get the E6600.

If your monitor is a 17" CRT or LCD then the single 8800GTX is more than enough for the time being don't waste money on an SLI board. A single 8800GTX will serve you well up to 1680x1050 the resolution of common 20-22" widescreen displays, only if going past 1920x1080 or higher you would you want to consider SLI with that sort of hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pinkiss

thanks for replies.Anyway think ill wait i read up on the net that intel announced to cut prices on their quad core and E-series procesors prices up to 60% on the end of June.

Advertisement