Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick motor tax qn

Options
  • 28-05-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭

lads my car was not taxed when i bought it, i have just received my rf101 form (cert of ownership) so i have to tax the car from the start of May.

will the rev send me out a pin to do this online, or do i have to tax it some other way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Usually when taxing a car for the first time you will have to go to the tax office to do it, the PIN you get sent is just for renewals as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

try the last four digits of your chassis number, thats what i used for my pin & it worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

afaik the last four digits will only work if it is the first time taxing the car in the country, but i may be wrong. I had the same happen to me when i bought my last car, it was out of tax and i didnt want to go to the tax office. I rang them and i got a new renewal sent out in my name and then i could use the pin on it. they wont give out a pin over the phone or by email but it arrived within 2 days which was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

if the car HAS been taxed before by someone else:
    you need to download the RF100a and post it to the motor tax office, www.motortax.ie with your VISA details
    if the RF101 states you as the restistered owner you keep the RF101 in your possession, if it doesnt then you post the RF101 with the RF100a

If it HAS NOT been taxed before then try the last 4 digits of your chassis number, this could be your pin..

Advertisement