Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with car price

Options
  • 28-05-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My neighbour is selling me his 93 Toyota Estima 2.2 TD .

He says he doesn't know the value and doesn;t want to make money on it .

Can someone give me a fair price for this to offer tohim, it's got a year and a bit NCT left on it and looks fairly clean throughout,

Although the battery is dead as it's being lying up a while he assures me it drives well and it's our local mechanic that has serviced this all these years

Any help appreciated
    ta

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Only a handfull of them around judging from CBG. Whats the millage and is the battery the only thing that needs replacing?.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Somewhere between 750 Euro to a grand depending on condition? Who knows really. Tell him to get it running, and then he can judge offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

nice one for the quick reply,

He has a folder with the full service history in it, there is a reconditioned engine put in about 3 years ago cause the head gasket and timing belt gave him trouble.
    He is the only owner and now tells me it only needs a jump start as there is a newish batterey in there and it runs fine.
    I think I may offer 800 euro for this, it is fairly nice inside. Cd changer too and a hot and cold box . it's just neither of us knew how much it was worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

The main thing to go wrong with the Estima is the engine cooling system.

I had one for three years and blew two cylinder heads .
    Google 'toyota estima club ' and read the cooling problems section .

I know of 3 other people with an Estima and they all suffered the same problems .

If you look in the expansion bottle and the coolant is any way rusty looking walk away from it .

They are a great van and the space in them is great but when they go wrong they are a complete money pit .

As for price i sold mine , a 95 G Lux , for 1500 .It was not running ,engine blew in a cloud of white smoke .But it was top spec twin elec roofs captain seats power door it even had electric curtains .

I would'nt even consider another one and if you still are interested after reading the estima owners club board your a braver person than i am

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

could be worth anywhere between 1000 to 3000 depending on how nice it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,350 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    could be worth anywhere between 1000 to 3000 depending on how nice it is.

They are very rare and quite sought after. I agree that even in a private sale they could be worth way more than whatever the secret wee book* says

*That I've never read in me life

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they are too old to be in the wee book, also, given that they are a Japanese domestic market model, they were never in it to start with!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,350 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    they are too old to be in the wee book, also, given that they are a Japanese domestic market model, they were never in it to start with!

Ah cool. Thanks for clearing that up, Colm :)

Advertisement