Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths HL

Options
  • 28-05-2007 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello!
    does anyone know where i could get a list of all the required proofs on the HL course on the net!?if anyone does itd be a huge help thanks!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I have the list in front of me.

Factor Theorem
    DeMoivre's Theorem
    First Principles
    - Sum Rule
    - Product Rule
    - Quotient Rule
    - Differentiation Rule
    Equation of a Tangent to a Circle
    Angle Between Two Lines
    Perp. Distance from a point to a line
    Cos(A+B)
    Cosine Rule
    Difference Equations: Theorem

Then the Trig Formulae too. That's all I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

There's the transformation geometry proof(s) too, (given transf., to prove it maps line to line, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 akb2006

dont forget to memorise the tables book

akb2006 wrote:
    dont forget to memorise the tables book

What? The log tables are available in the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

There's the transformation geometry proof(s) too, (given transf., to prove it maps line to line, etc.)

That's not strictly a proof as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Yeah I didn't think that was one

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Nehpets wrote:
    Yeah I didn't think that was one

Officially a proof?No.But you can be asked to prove the various 'set pieces' from transformation geometry.Its happened in past papers.Its one of those annoying things where you see that its not a listed proof and breath a sigh of relief,but then you see it being asked.........

PS. seeing as this is a thread about what proofs are on the course..I read on another thread that the proof of DeMoivre by induction could be on this year.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Oh poo i am having second thoughts about this whole maths buzz! I am getting extremely concerned!!

I thought Seq and Series was easy and then tried the 2005 paper with no formula etc and managed to get b(ii) fooked up, and c totally too!!

I also have a shoite load of stuff to be doing apart from Maths:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

mp3guy wrote:
    That's not strictly a proof as far as I know

What exactly do you mean by saying that it's not strictly a proof? It is a result listed in the syllabus with an asterisk beside it. There is a note at the start of the syllabus that says: "In the case of results marked with an asterisk (*), formal proofs may be examined."

In this respect, it is the same as the other proofs listed by Nehpets in the first response to the post. (They are similarly listed in the syllabus with an asterisk.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CosaFada

thanks for that!! what chapter is the difference equations proof in!?and whats it about?please i need help lol:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement