Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K800i or W950i ??

• 28-05-2007 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Righty, im on the verge of getting either of these phones, would already have the W800 but i forgot my bank statement so couldn't start the contract with 3. Will hopefully go back in tomorrow.

So would anyone have either and what are your thoughts? I like the camera on the K800, its actually capable of taking decent pics so i would probably use it.

Then i like the 4gigs of space in the W950, might mean i could do away with my mp3 player. I have also read a load of reviews and there are mixed feeling towards this touch screen business, i played with it for about 10 minutes today and didnt run into any immediate problems, seemed to work pretty well.
    I even wrote a small text using the hand-write recognition thing, seemed easy..

So was hoping to get a few boardsies opinions on them.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had the M600i which is the same as the W950i more or less, and I hated it. Touch screen got pretty slow. If I were you, I'd wait for the K810i. Should be out very shortly. If you can't wait, go for the K800i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

chrislad wrote:
    I had the M600i which is the same as the W950i more or less, and I hated it. Touch screen got pretty slow. If I were you, I'd wait for the K810i. Should be out very shortly. If you can't wait, go for the K800i.
    http://www.mobilegazette.com/sony-ericsson-k810i.htm
    Doesn't seem to be much to wait for the K810i according to the above.
    I got the K800i and love it. Just get a M2 mem card and you'll be laughing.

The main reason I'd wait is for the better design. I used one last week and the camera shutter is much better, and the buttons I found easier to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

chrislad wrote:

Some others suggested the K810i but on further investigation i realized it was just that, a cosmetic upgrade, no point waiting and paying more just for a phone that might look slightly better.
    I might go back tomorrow and play with this touch screen a bit more, it seemed quick to me, maybe its a newer version?
    Also just remembered that the K800 has a memory slot, what is the largest size they come in?

Cheers

Largest M2 at the moment is 4gigs.

Which just amazes me given the size of the damn things. 10 years ago, my PC only had 1.2 gigs of HD space. Now my phone has more!!

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/SanDisk/2GB/Memory/Stick/Micro/-/M2

• Advertisement
Advertisement