Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing user name...advice pls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Personally I don't believe you. You've been a member of this site for twelve months, and by your own admission were a content lurker, up to two days ago, in which time you have doubled your post count, exclusively on fighting the cause for this guy and the US car folks.

(Relevant threads are here

Thats an awful lot of smilies for one thread.

Alll those little faces just looking at you.... It was like a packet of skittles came alive...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont like you. You came here all smart trying to catch us out.

I think your friend should probably not have been perm banned but should have had the second account closed and the first account warned. I dont have a huge problem with people creating a second account but I do when its to get around a ban or to act the bollox. We arent that strict but we will take action if we notice it.

This thread was one big waste of my time. Tell your mate to create an account, PM me and ruggie and explain that he didnt understand he shouldnt do that.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

DeVore wrote:
    I dont like you.

high quality feedback there indeed

DeVore wrote:
    This thread was one big waste of my time.
    DeV.

which is interesting, as normally feedback posts are just a waste of the posters' time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

tallaght01 wrote:
    which is interesting, as normally feedback posts are just a waste of the posters' time ;)
    Posters' or poster's? It seems this was a waste of the posters' time alright.

As for Feedback being a waste of poster's time, well that because they're usually stupid arguments.

Ibid wrote:

As for Feedback being a waste of poster's time, well that because they're usually stupid arguments.

Posters' is what I wrote, and it's what I meant. I think the above illustates the point I was making better than I could....exits stage left.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I felt I should be upfront about my bias. Something about the way this user has gone about this seem underhand and I dont like underhand people. Apologies if that was too cryptic for you. I'll write it on a cat picture next time.

The reason this is a waste of my time is that the OP has no problem that needs solving. They dont want a new username they just wanted to test the system.

It may seem that no user gets satisfaction here but thats not true. In fact every single user that deserves it, gets satisfaction from their feedback/complaint. The fact is that very few of them actually have valid points that when we look into it, need action from us.

But you dont want to hear that tallaght1 eh? You just want to be a rebel without a clue as far as I can see.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

tallaght01 wrote:
    Posters' is what I wrote, and it's what I meant. I think the above illustates the point I was making better than I could....exits stage left.
    You don't have to engage in discussion then.

DeVore wrote:

But you dont want to hear that tallaght1 eh? You just want to be a rebel without a clue as far as I can see.

DeV.

Not sure what i "wanted to hear", but it all sounded pretty reasonable until that feedback-esque bit above. A clueless fool like me couldn't possibly complete with a wit like that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭saddle tramp

DeVore wrote:

I think your friend should probably not have been perm banned but should have had the second account closed and the first account warned. I dont have a huge problem with people creating a second account but I do when its to get around a ban or to act the bollox. We arent that strict but we will take action if we notice it.

This thread was one big waste of my time. Tell your mate to create an account, PM me and ruggie and explain that he didnt understand he shouldnt do that.

DeV.

I'm sorry you don't like me. Very interesting opening statement. I can assure you you'll not be hearing from me again anyway.
    As for me trying to be smart and catch use out as you put it.
    I apologise to everyone who posted in this thread if I mislead them.

As for you understanding my argument which you obviously took the time to analyse Thank you very much Cheers.
    And as for as wasting your time goes I don't think I am responsible for that.

I will pass your message on to "rsd" Dave. I'm sure he will be delighted to hear it.

Thanks Again respectfully Sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I don't get your point either tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

DeVore wrote:
    I'll write it on a cat picture next time.
    roffel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

tallaght01 wrote:
    A clueless fool like me couldn't possibly complete with a wit like that
    You know that is the first statement on feedback from you that is actually correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so, on a related note - do you think admins would change my name, cause i don't like having my real name (Or that of a fierce looking bull/man thing) as my username.... :(

Of course I will PM one if people think they wouldn't mind, but if it is going to cause any hassel i'll just leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Throw E5 towards the Boards poor box and you can change it yourself and get a few extra little bits along the way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tauren is as good name. Good old warcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If you want to change your nick this is the way to do it http://89.234.66.107/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872806

Setting up a duplicate account could cause issues as the people who normally take this route have been banned from forums for bad behaviour, spamming, etc etc. Some forums like politics specifically state they will ban users using duplicate accounts.

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

12 Days later!!!!!

And ban has not been lifted any chance you could take a look at this??

12 Days later!!!!!

And ban has not been lifted any chance you could take a look at this??
    DeVore wrote:
    Tell your mate to create an account, PM me and ruggie and explain that he didnt understand he shouldnt do that.

Thanks RM.

but he actually did open another account and PM'd..giving the explanation he was then asked which account he wanted to close and which to leave open? But to this there has been no reply and both accounts still have a ban on them....

Should he just post in the new account he opened Or not ?

Post away in the new account. Have him pm me or one of the motors mods (unkel or kbannon are familiar with the situation) and we can have the surplus account closed by request...

Normally, I would suggest re-using the unbanned account, but, given that there are now three accounts, and DeVore's instruction above, it would be better to start afresh IMO.

• Advertisement

Post away in the new account. Have him pm me or one of the motors mods (unkel or kbannon are familiar with the situation) and we can have the surplus account closed by request...

Normally, I would suggest re-using the unbanned account, but, given that there are now three accounts, and DeVore's instruction above, it would be better to start afresh IMO.

Thanks Again RM.

I'll Tell Him to work away in the New account.... Cant see it been a problem as there other two are dead now anyway.

You're quite right, both original accounts were banned. (I'd confused that poster with another).

Once he's pm'ed DeV, as I say, all should be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll Tell Him to work away in the New account....

Grand. That's fine with me too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I love all the "Me-too" posts on here after one of the admins posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I love all the "Me-too" posts on here after one of the admins posts.
    Me too

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

\o/ \o\ /o/ _o/ \o_ _o_

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

\o/ \o\ /o/ _o/ \o_ _o_

shouldnt your name be spelt Peepee LeFritz?

shouldnt your name be spelt Peepee LeFritz?
    No.

While the scrubs joke may have the name spelt that way, my nickname is actually an amalgamation of the scrubs joke and my old avatar, Pepe from the Simpsons. The usage of s instead of z is creative license. I don't like using the letter z in nicknames unless it is in an ironic manner.

This information bulletin was brought to you by Brawndo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think from now on, i'll call you peepee lefritz

/janitor

• Advertisement

I'll kill you!

Advertisement