Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 web text

• 28-05-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

tell me, do o2 have some bizarre loyalty to the worst server in the history of the world or have they just turned off their webtexts up to 3 times a day for the past few years so they can make more money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

tell me, do o2 have some bizarre loyalty to the worst server in the history of the world or have they just turned off their webtexts up to 3 times a day for the past few years so they can make more money?

I am having the same problem.Are you using multi text or there site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

drdre wrote:
    I am having the same problem.Are you using multi text or there site?
    multitext, AFT, my own version of AFT and the site. its just down yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

The site often seems to go down around the time that the pay monthly bills are being created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I found there's only one solution - leave o2. (I didn't do it lightly - 10 years of good service)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

cast_iron wrote:
    I found there's only one solution - leave o2. (I didn't do it lightly - 10 years of good service)

Where can i move, i came from vodafone and i wont go near meteor i think i will have to check out 3 now.:)

• Advertisement

cast_iron wrote:
    ah but with a gf in america for two months, international webtexts will save me hundreds (when they work)

drdre wrote:
    Where can i move, i came from vodafone and i wont go near meteor i think i will have to check out 3 now.:)
    Why not Meteor? I moved to them very cautiously...kept my o2 phone for months (still haven't departed from it actually) with no real problems.
    ah but with a gf in america for two months, international webtexts will save me hundreds (when they work)
    True. Why not use a cheap o2 sim to keep your online o2 account - don't bother topping up as it lasts for months, she can reply to any number, ie you, thru her online account!

cast_iron wrote:
    True. Why not use a cheap o2 sim to keep your online o2 account - don't bother topping up as it lasts for months, she can reply to any number, ie you, thru her online account!
    that's what i'm doing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It really is hugely unreliable. In the early hours of the morning they must be doing backups or something when "My Account" is down. As for webtexts - the hamster needs a rest 3 or 4 times a day - you're a cruel bastard, you expect the hamster powering the server to work 24/7 just so you can use your free webtexts? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ciaranfo wrote:
    It really is hugely unreliable. In the early hours of the morning they must be doing backups or something when "My Account" is down. As for webtexts - the hamster needs a rest 3 or 4 times a day - you're a cruel bastard, you expect the hamster powering the server to work 24/7 just so you can use your free webtexts? :D

Well why don't they just get a second hamster :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Well why don't they just get a second hamster :D
    You've got me there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dont get me started,i work there and it seems to just go unnoticed that the website is ALWAYS down,we use the webtexts at work too and its so annoying,theyre constantly "updating the server" but it never seems to do anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It was fine until they updated their site a while back. The only theory I can come up with is that with the update, they left it running on an old PII 300MHz server with a whopping 32mb ram!

krudler wrote:
    dont get me started,i work there and it seems to just go unnoticed that the website is ALWAYS down,we use the webtexts at work too and its so annoying,theyre constantly "updating the server" but it never seems to do anything
    That's crazy!

Probably because people are sick and tired of ringing up to complain.

Advertisement