Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Internet texts

• 28-05-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if the new 3 network have webtext available as I haven't been able to find it anyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

No. Have you considered O2? They're the only Irish network to give you 250 free international web texts every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

No. Have you considered O2? They're the only Irish network to give you 250 free international web texts every month.

I was with O2 until now - but had a huge run in with their customer care.

Basically I moved house and sent them on my new address and they acknowledge it. I didn't receive a bill for 6 weeks or notification from them of any kind. I assumed they sent my bill to my old address and I would get the next one. Anyway to cut a long story short - they just cut me off, saying I didn't pay the bill.

I wasn't a happy camper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I didn't receive a bill for 6 weeks or notification from them of any kind. I assumed they sent my bill to my old address and I would get the next one. Anyway to cut a long story short - they just cut me off, saying I didn't pay the bill.
    I think there must be more to that story....I would often leave my o2 bill for over 2 months with no hassle. Phone calls from their (award winning) customer care would only start around then...

cast_iron wrote:
    I think there must be more to that story....I would often leave my o2 bill for over 2 months with no hassle. Phone calls from their (award winning) customer care would only start around then...

The only other thing i can think of is that I had a direct debit on my account and closed my account without telling them about it.

This is the first time i've had a problem with their customer service - however it is a biggy.

The only other thing i can think of is that I had a direct debit on my account and closed my account without telling them about it.
    I thought as much.

I would consider the fact that the company had no financial recourse to you as you severed the only method of payment to them without notice a fairly valid reason for cancelling any account.

Your account had the potential to run enormous bills, leaving only the (expensive) courts as their only option. Without such a cancelling policy, they would spend more on court cases than was worth retrieving those bills. Hardly good business practice...(not that that makes them mixing up your address okay)

• Advertisement

cast_iron wrote:
    I thought as much.

I would consider the fact that the company had no financial recourse to you as you severed the only method of payment to them without notice a fairly valid reason for cancelling any account.

Your account had the potential to run enormous bills, leaving only the (expensive) courts as their only option. Without such a cancelling policy, they would spend more on court cases than was worth retrieving those bills. Hardly good business practice...(not that that makes them mixing up your address okay)

I opened another account and was planning on setting up a DD.
    Still I'd been a customer with them for 7 years

I opened another account and was planning on setting up a DD.
    Still I'd been a customer with them for 7 years
    The word planning implies you didn't actually do anything. You could have planned a round the world trip and a trip to the moon - same difference to o2, ie they don't care what your plans were.

I don't want to labour the point too much, but what you or anyone was planning to do can't really dictate a companies policy.
    And what if you didn't? More loss and waste to the company.

I was with them over 10 years - never an issue with billing - left them purely due to a shabby website.

cast_iron wrote:
    The word planning implies you didn't actually do anything. You could have planned a round the world trip and a trip to the moon - same difference to o2, ie they don't care what your plans were.

I don't want to labour the point too much, but what you or anyone was planning to do can't really dictate a companies policy.
    And what if you didn't? More loss and waste to the company.

I was with them over 10 years - never an issue with billing - left them purely due to a shabby website.

Do you work for O2?

I accept that this is only the 2nd issue I've ever had with O2 - however it's a pretty big one.

Fact 1: they cut me off within a month and a half with no notice,
    Fact 2: I received no bill off them and despite my contacts with them - I still have not received a bill, even though I've reconfirmed the address with them at least twice
    Fact 3: I've been a customer with them 7 years (no more)

To my knowledge I only owe around €150 and have ran up bills well in access of €400 in months gone by.

It happens - I'll get over it and don't really mind. About time I try a new network anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You didn't pay your bill so they cut you off. This seems fair enough, they shouldn't have to chase you up for bills.

You've been a customer for 7 years. Alright, there should be some leeway here from a relations point of view, but not from their T&C .. if you're telling the complete story then it all seems to have gone a bit out of proportion - ring them up, explain what's happened .. tell them you'd like to remain a customer and pay your bill.

You've still not recieved a bill? You can view your bill online or pay with a debit/credit card over the phone if your concern was paying your bill. They should probably be able to recreate an invoice though, did you specificially request a new/replacement one to be sent to your address?

It seems to be bad handling of a situation on both ends .. but we're only getting a small bit of one side of the story.

Back to my original question - does anyone know if you can send web text from 3 ireland?
    Also does anyone know how to check phone credit on 3 pay as you go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They don't offer webtexts.

And you can check your credit by dialling 444 or visiting My3 on your handset

Advertisement