Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Heated Windscreen problem

Options
  • 28-05-2007 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

The problems with this car are growing!! It's a 320d Touring 2002. Ignoring my injector problems already posted and thanks to the people that replied. Driving home to day in the rain with the rear heated windscreen switched on, I noticed smoke on the outside at a certain point on the rear screen every time the rear wiper passed over it. I waited until got home, left the car running and turned on the rear-heated screen. After a minute or so felt the screen on the outside and burnt my finger it was so hot!!! it was just at one point where a horizontal electrical demisting line intersect a vertical line (there are two vertical line on the back window, not sure if they are for the radio or the demister) Any ideas?? I feel the screen could shatter in the wrong conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

First of all - is it smoke or steam that is rising from the glass? I'm not 100% sure how hot they actually get, but I'm sure for safety reasons it shouldn't get so hot that it would burn you. Direct sunlight would also contribute to the glass heating.

The vertical lines are part of the antenna for the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

Thanks for the reply. No steam... just burning rubber from the wiper blade!! I know it's hard to believe, but it is generating enough heat to do that are a couple of minutes!! Not going to use it for the moment, as you can imagine. I wonder if it is covered by insurance, I kown my front screen is.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

check the fuse for the rear screen - someone might have put a higher ampage fuse in it's place

Advertisement