Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different users, same IP

Options
  • 29-05-2007 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I've been banned from the Instruments forum by one of the mods. I'll go into the nuts and bolts of it if necessary, but essentially it was because myself and my brother post in the same forum and have the same IP address.

Feylya was of the opinion I was 'trolling', Karl Hungus is of the opinion I've been unfairly banned. Either way, I'm pretty sure Feylya has it in for me (extending my ban form two weeks to permanent for bringing this up in feedback - the wrong forum I assume, hence my post here) so my interest in being allowed back in is neglible.

My question is: can this be prevented? This must be an issue for people with multiple boards users in their home (2 laptops and a desktop). I don't want to be banned injustly from more forums for mistaken identity.

Advertisement