Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Cert Movie

Options
  • 29-05-2007 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Alright guys

Did you know that there was a movie about the Leaving Cert released a couple of years ago..

It was released and then quickly got banned...taken away from the cinema , removed from Xtra-Vision...its like it NEVER existed .. execpt now only on Google..

I bet you didnt know that!!

EUR100 to anyone who can guess the name and the site.....

Some real comments from Google

"a question posed by thousands of students every year in France... and Ireland. A group of pupils set up an elaborate masterplan to beat the system and top the points race"

“the work of a very young and talented director”
    —VARIETY, U.S.A.

“confident and deeply cynical… a promising and inventive first feature”
    —THE IRISH TIMES

“a neat, tense, low-budget black and white heist movie that delivers an unexpected moral punch”
    —THE TIMES

“engagingly irreverent, cleverly scripted and highly promising”
    —THE SUNDAY TRIBUNE

“a remarkable film… there is no question that Graham Jones is a talent, whose lightness of touch and grasp of dramatic pace and dialogue are rare attributes indeed”
    —THE REEL THING

“at last a young Irish film director gives us what we want… the wet dream of generations of dossers and mitchers”
    —dSIDE MAGAZINE

“manages to cram all the nightmares and bike-shed philosophies about that horrid time into one sitting… witty, original and highly entertaining”
    —THE BIG ISSUE

“an extremely intelligent and well thought out heist movie… one of the (very) few films to emerge on this island that is both carefully and consciously structured”
    —FORTNIGHT

“I hesitate to use the word ‘promising’ in conjunction with this film. The word suggests this fledgling effort only hints at future success. In fact ‘How To Cheat’ is a considerable achievment… a highly assured and impressive first feature”
    —FILM WEST

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I've heard of a film called "How to Cheat in the Leaving Cert" all right....

Was it really banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Amazon will send you that all elusive copy if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

For a small monetary fee of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I see...but how do I go about ordering a copy as I cant find it in amazons database.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I'm sure you can still rent it in Chartbusters. Seen it in there a few times. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Where is this on google?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

r.i.p thread - it really isn't relavant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement