Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any news on speeds being increased?

Options
  • 29-05-2007 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

EsatBT +

we need a faster upload

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

it all depends on eircom since BT, Perlico, Imagine, etc etc etc are just resellers of Eircoms DSL ( unless you are one of the lucky lukcy lukcy few to have EsatBT LLU, Smart Broadband or Magnet ADSL2+)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so far not lookin good, we used to get some sort of an increase every year weather its been a speed or cap increase but there hasnt been an increase in anything now since January 2006. I reckon it will be 2008 before anything happens if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

I don't think it was exactly every year, more like when it needed to be done to stay competitive(-ish)?

They are close to reaching the limit of increasing downspeed for the 6Mbit users so maybe a small increase in upspeed would be nice as a interim measure before moving people to different customer units.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

An awful lot of lines would not be up to increased speeds and this would result in a lot of hassle for isp support areas with increasing complaints re dropped lines etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

384k is not good

i live really close to the exchange but my SNR is really bad I think. i even moved the router to another phone socket to stop the sync problems so far i think that has helped. but i dunno if it would do 512, or 768k upload.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

It should be a bit easier for them to increase the upload,

~2km from exchange, zyxel router, 5mbit down/512k up -

-download line capacity used-
    ChangeMe> wan adsl linedata near
    relative capacity occupation: 84%

-upload line capacity used-
    ChangeMe> wan adsl linedata far
    relative capacity occupation: 61%

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Any1 know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Announcement or actual upgrade?
    We seem to get plenty of announcements.for my area, it was last feb, then june, then sepy/oct. then april this year, then suppost to be june. now they don't know.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nexus wrote:
    Any1 know?
    Not anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Nexus wrote:
    Any1 know?

You would be better off asking in the paranormal forum........ maybe someone with access to a set of tarrot cards might help, cos eircom certainly wont !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Threads merged.

Advertisement