Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Honda Civic

Options
  • 29-05-2007 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My mate is just after buying a new honda civic, but he didn't get a spare tyre with the car (proper size or 'mini') he just got some can of rubber sealent or something. Is this normal, I thought all new cars had to come with some sort of spare tyre.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Apparenty not, the brothers new car is 'ride on flat'. Basically the car will drive for about 60 miles on a flat tyre (it's not actually flat though) his tyres must be gel filled, i'll have to lookinto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

As far as i know the space saver spare tyre is an optional extra on those new civics - if you don't wanna use the gel stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Op,
    Yep - policy with new Civics not to include a spare tire.
    Shocking really and they market it as 'a hidden section of the boot for valuables'. I was informed that because of the reduced rate it comes just under a particular weight and lower tax but it all sounded very suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There is a spare tyre kit (space saver, jack, tools etc) which the dealer should have made him aware of. IIRC, it's about €100.

Advertisement