Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mother's and learning to drive

Options
  • 29-05-2007 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So i've had my provisional for almost a year so decided it was time to learn to drive. Got 5 lessons and was told i didn't need anymore. So I got an old car and got insured. Parents then decided to invoke u can't travel without one of us...fair enough....but unfortunately mother isn't exactly a quiet passanger! She decided that everything I do in the car is wrong....apparently I should signal right when I'm going straight at a roundabout....I know thats wrong...and basically she claims everything my instructor told me is wrong!

Her answer to this somewhat imaginary problem is to shout at me while driving and then criticise the mistakes I make while she's screaming( her shouting distracts me I can't help it), Pull in because she's shouting and that leads to more shouting. Is it just my mother or do others have the same prob? My father seems to think my drivings pretty good!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Yes, for me it was just the mother. I think in my case it was because my father taught me how to drive and she always gives out about his driving anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yes, my mother is the same. Ignore her, and try to minimise driving time with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

hippyshake wrote:
    ...but unfortunately mother isn't exactly a .....quiet passanger! She decided that everything I do in the car is wrong....apparently I should signal right when I'm going straight at a roundabout....I know thats wrong...and basically she claims everything my instructor told me is wrong!

Her answer to this somewhat imaginary problem is to shout at me while driving and then criticise the mistakes I make while she's screaming( her shouting distracts me I can't help it), Pull in because she's shouting and that leads to more shouting. Is it just my mother or do others have the same prob? My father seems to think my drivings pretty good!

Get your instructor to take your mother out in the back of the car on one of the lessons.

I try to get parents out like this so that they know exactly what is being taught and can ask questions if they want to. Lots of parents learnt so long ago they are out of touch with what is needed to pass the test in 2007

Advertisement