Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupnet Broadband (Wireless)

Options
  • 29-05-2007 11:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone here heard of or are using Groupnet Broadband a Wireless provider operating in Roscommon/ Leitrim area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Yeah I know a few people using them in the Dowra area, they are finding it quite slow tough. What specifically did you want to know ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan 10

galway008 wrote:
    Yeah I know a few people using them in the Dowra area, they are finding it quite slow tough. What specifically did you want to know ?

There is very little information on their website, what kind of speeds do they manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Last time I heard they had 2 products a 256KB for €20 a month and a 512KB for €40 a month. I think they also have an installation charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 desper surfer

It seems that Groupnet have finally got there ass in gear from what I hear they are about to roll out some serious bandwidth They have also poached a couple of fibre tech guys from NTL in The north and they are in the process of rolling out high speed fibre connected community broadband to all us who dig it com on groupnet lets av it lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They have also poached a couple of fibre tech guys from NTL in The north and they are in the process of rolling out high speed fibre connected community broadband to all us who dig it com on groupnet lets av it lol

You are RAVING surely. Fibre to the Home in N Ros and Leitrim before anywhere else.

Get the ****, we were not born yesterday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

It seems that Groupnet have finally got there ass in gear from what I hear they are about to roll out some serious bandwidth They have also poached a couple of fibre tech guys from NTL in The north and they are in the process of rolling out high speed fibre connected community broadband to all us who dig it com on groupnet lets av it lol

You are mental.

av it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 desper surfer

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You are RAVING surely. Fibre to the Home in N Ros and Leitrim before anywhere else.

Get the ****, we were not born yesterday :D
    duh is that why you call yourself sponge bob because you are square a like a sponge you absorb things very slowly and splurt out a load of bubbles ..... now listen again and absorb this time groupnet are a WIRELESS provider now how would they ever give you fiber to your door have you ever seen wireless fiber optics coz if you have can you get me a bag please!!!! what they seem to have done is connected to a fibre provider of which they can offer high speed wireless capability but for you that only would mean a soggy day in a bubble bath with a few pubic hairs to keep you company and expect the could only be your own since you never climbed out of the bath to see what the world out there is doing you soggy square sponge blob with square pants !!!!! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

So what you meant was Groupnet have now got/are getting connected to fibre ?
    Good stuff out of them if they have .

Anyway if you haven't seen "Wireless fibre optics " as ya put it ( eg http://www.usa.canon.com/html/industrial_canobeam/canobeam/canobeam130.html)
    I dunno where you are insulting Sponge bob. Fair chance he probably knows the lads who connected it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

duh is that why you call yourself sponge bob because you are square a like a sponge you absorb things very slowly and splurt out a load of bubbles ..... now listen again and absorb this time groupnet are a WIRELESS provider now how would they ever give you fiber to your door have you ever seen wireless fiber optics coz if you have can you get me a bag please!!!! what they seem to have done is connected to a fibre provider of which they can offer high speed wireless capability but for you that only would mean a soggy day in a bubble bath with a few pubic hairs to keep you company and expect the could only be your own since you never climbed out of the bath to see what the world out there is doing you soggy square sponge blob with square pants !!!!! LOL

Eh!...are you telling me that they were never connected to a fibre backhaul in the beginning? If not what were they using? All wireless ISP's have a fibre or licensed wireless backhaul.

Advertisement