Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing captured footage on PC

• 29-05-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

I have a JVC HD everio GZ-MG21EK. It comes with powerDVD software and records in Mpeg. What i cant understand is, I can only playback anything I've uploaded to my PC if I use the mentioned software. How can I get it to play in WMP or Real player? Its fine for me since I have the software, but I was planning on sending some clips to family and they dont have powerdvd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

danyosan wrote:
    I have a JVC HD everio GZ-MG21EK. It comes with powerDVD software and records in Mpeg. What i cant understand is, I can only playback anything I've uploaded to my PC if I use the mentioned software. How can I get it to play in WMP or Real player? Its fine for me since I have the software, but I was planning on sending some clips to family and they dont have powerdvd.

Your camera records in mpeg2, mpeg2 being the codec used for dvd's hence it coming bundled with powerdvd. In order to get them to play in wmp or realplayer you need a third party plugin. Best bet would be to download and use media player classic. It has mpeg2 playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭danyosan

decob wrote:
    Your camera records in mpeg2, mpeg2 being the codec used for dvd's hence it coming bundled with powerdvd. In order to get them to play in wmp or realplayer you need a third party plugin. Best bet would be to download and use media player classic. It has mpeg2 playback.

Excellent, thanks for that.

Advertisement