Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell - Teacher/Education discount?

• 29-05-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I know Mac do an education discount but do Dell or any of the other windows OEM laptop manufacturers provide something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm not so sure, brother Jester.

Dell do employee discounts, but I haven't heard about any educational discounts. I'll leave this thread here for a while and if there are no more concrete answers, I'll move it over to the teaching/lecturing forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

why don't you ring them and find out? 1850 543 543

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Dell do education discounts AFAIK. Not sure for teachers but for students anyway. They also have an outlet store which is good value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Dell have a special scheme with UCD to provide laptops at a "discounted rate". They are latitude models and still pricey, especially when they stiff students for extra RAM or a cheap carry case.

Maybe your school/institution can get a group deal? Try the outlet anyway for some good deals on refurbished models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Thanks. I'm not in Ireland so I can't call that 1850 number. It's for my sis who's a teacher. She's just looking for a basic laptop for writing up docs/reports for school and printing them plus it will need a wireless network card. I'll have a look at the outlet store and see what they currently have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Dell do the Office 2007 Home & Student (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for about €180.

O29

Advertisement