Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brand New Jap Imports / Motoright

Options
  • 29-05-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with manufacturer's warranty when buying a brand new car from Japan? I assume it's invalid since it comes from outside the EU and if that's the case, are there good enough savings to be had buying one of these from a dealer (Motoright.ie have some in stock)?

Also, does anyone know anything about this dealer? Bit wary about doing business with these places after reading on here about Jap Car Imports & Performace Cars etc. Called into a few of these places and was not impressed with their attitude (although I haven't been into Motoright yet).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know Toyota in Europe don't cover moderls like Hilux Vigos coming from Thailand, so I presume it's the same story with the Japanese domestic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

On HiluxSurf.co.uk the lads there seem to be getting recall work done on grey imports the whole time. I can't imagine why it would be different for warranty work.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

seriously. they don't cover them.

Advertisement