Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick (Stoopid) Question

Options
  • 29-05-2007 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, i'm having a really stoopid day today, can't think of the name of something. What i have is a form, i want to create a new one, that does not show up in the task bar and which you must use and finish with before returning to the original form...

I think it might be something like a modal frame thing, tried that but didn't 100% work - it took over control from the first window, but it still showed up in the task bar. (I'm using C# by the way)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would have thought "modal dialog" is the phrase you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Definatley modal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ok, using C# what i do when a certain button is clicked:

MyForm theForm = new MyForm();
         theForm.ShowDialog();

And it works as a modal type thing (as in i can't get at the original form until the new form is closed) but it still shows up in the task bar... Is there a way to get rid of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

dulpit wrote:
    but it still showed up in the task bar. (I'm using C# by the way)

Forms in C# have a ShowInTaskBar property.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bonkey wrote:
    Forms in C# have a ShowInTaskBar property.

That's exactly what i was looking for, nice one man.... :):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement