Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Travel lies

Options
  • 29-05-2007 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We recently went to Tenerife (my wife, son and myself) on a package deal with Budget Travel to the Marylanza Hotel. It was 4 star or very close to it.
    In the brochure it said there was a gym and a spa. When we got there and asked about it guess what - no gym, no spa.
    What would you recommend we do from here? We paid our hard earned money, my wife brough her trainers and gym gear etc. Not happy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Give them a call and ask them? Be nice on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I've only ever dealt with Budget Travel once and I'd never darken their
    doorstep again. Booked flights to Amsterdam for 6 of us many years ago
    and they confirmed several times that it was a direct flight.

Arrived to Dublin airport to be told that we had a 4 to 5 hour stopover in
    East Midlands airport! Landed in East Midlands with not a coin of sterling,
    no working ATM in the airport, Bureau de Change closed and none of the
    shops would give an exchange rate.

Rang the agent when I got back only to be told ... "sure it was a cheap
    enough fare, what did you expect and didnt ye get there in the end"

I was too innocent and naive at the time to take it any further!

:mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Scuba.ie wrote:
    Hi all,
    We recently went to Tenerife (my wife, son and myself) on a package deal with Budget Travel to the Marylanza Hotel. It was 4 star or very close to it.
    In the brochure it said there was a gym and a spa. When we got there and asked about it guess what - no gym, no spa.
    What would you recommend we do from here? We paid our hard earned money, my wife brough her trainers and gym gear etc. Not happy!
    Well, it would seem the product you bought (a holiday) was not as described. You 'should' be due some kind of a refund, I would think. Get talking to Budget to give them an opportunity to sort this out with you. If you dont get a positive response, perhaps look at the Small Claims Court, or the ITAA?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

which hotel was it in their brochure/onlline?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Write them a strong letter without giving out, list the problems and how unacceptable it is and request a refund. I would think they might give you vouchers and thats what other people got or else try small claims court after that because it is indeed not as advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

what did the budget rep say about it while ypu were in the hotel?
    if it was advertised and was not availbale at the time there may have been arrangements with an ajacent hotel or health club

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

http://www.dilos.com/hotel/10592
    " Hotel facilities and services
    Health & Fitness
    Jacuzzi, Aqua Gym, Fitness, Physiotherapy, Sauna, Massage, Spa, Hydro Massage"

http://www.lowcostbeds.com/StaticPages/LosCristianos_MarylanzaAparthotel.html
    " Features

Children`s playground * gym * 2 squash courts * games room * table tennis * darts * pool table * wellness and spa centre * pilates centre * hairdresser * mini market * internet * 24 hour reception * (certain activities may be payable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Advertisement