Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Ordering Digiweb Metro? - Beware!

Options
  • 29-05-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

I ordered Metro about four months ago and got it installed within a few days. The overall service (apart from the sh1t "LAN" line) was pretty good. Fast connection speeds and a generous usage limit.

My problem started about a month ago when my Metro box died. A couple of flashing green lights but no internet. Naturally I called customer support and logged a call. The friendly nice guy on the other end confirmed that there was a hardware issue and an engineer would have to be out to make a visit.

Four weeks and over 10 irrate phone calls later I am still without service. Not even an ETA given or response to my calls. Like everyone, I've experienced crappy customer service in the past. But Digiweb are about the worst I've ever dealt with. Nobody takes responsability and the call is constantly being passed on to numbers that simply ring out.

Today I called to cancel the service and was told that I would be liable to see out the remaining 9 months of my contract. Like an idiot I paid upfront!!! I'm only kicking myself I didn't stay with BT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sturgo wrote:
    I ordered Metro about four months ago and got it installed within a few days. The overall service (apart from the sh1t "LAN" line) was pretty good. Fast connection speeds and a generous usage limit.

My problem started about a month ago when my Metro box died. A couple of flashing green lights but no internet. Naturally I called customer support and logged a call. The friendly nice guy on the other end confirmed that there was a hardware issue and an engineer would have to be out to make a visit.

Four weeks and over 10 irrate phone calls later I am still without service. Not even an ETA given or response to my calls. Like everyone, I've experienced crappy customer service in the past. But Digiweb are about the worst I've ever dealt with. Nobody takes responsability and the call is constantly being passed on to numbers that simply ring out.

Today I called to cancel the service and was told that I would be liable to see out the remaining 9 months of my contract. Like an idiot I paid upfront!!! I'm only kicking myself I didn't stay with BT.

The chances are that they broke their side of the contract. Threaten Small Claims Court and see what happens. If they don't budge, follow through with Small Claims Court. It will cost you about €15.

If they are charging you for a service [even paid up front for the year] and are not providing it, you have a very strong case. At the very least to be refunded the month you were off line. NOT credited, refunded!!!

Please let us know.

* EDIT *

To speed things up, you might want to go through ComReg too. But that might not be productive. The first time you ring ComReg, they will ask you if you exhausted the Digiweb Complaints Procedure. Start this procedure now to save you time.

Write a "Formal Letter of Complaint" to Digiweb detailing the facts, not emotion. You must put the words Formal Complaint in the letter [ComReg's directions]. Send this by registered post to DigiWeb. You may also want to email the soft copy to Digiweb, ComReg and the Advertising Authority.

Digiweb have 10 business days [Monday to Friday x 2] to reply to your letter. If they don't reply, contact ComReg. ComReg should then intervene on your behalf. By intervene, ComReg will ASK Digiweb to comply. Digiweb doesn't have to comply. ComReg's work is then done, regardless of the outcome. However, it does work most of the time.

You might want to try the ComReg rout before the SCC.

Let me know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Digiweb will generally give up after a while and attempt to offer you a refund rather than fix the problem. Although that could have been just one person there.
    One of the issues I had was a two day downtime, although that time it was as simple as resetting the aerial. I unplugged the little silver box attached to my coax cable between the aerial and the modem. That worked a charm.
    I wont go into the other contention and overloaded system problems which were strongly denied, as apart from the odd hiccup, it is now working perfectly for close to a year.
    Try the aerial unplugging. It seems so simple but for some reason only a few of the techs there actually ask you to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Thanks for the advice! Still no word from Digiweb. I'll get the ball rolling with a formal letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Ok so I sent a formal letter of complaint to Digiweb via email and registered letter. I also CC'd ComReg and the Advertising Authority. That was done on the Friday. By monday morning I had a very apolagetic customer service manager on the phone. He explained to me that there was a line of sight issue with their base station. Something to do with a tree being in the way. Not sure if I buy the storey but Digiweb have offered to cancel my service and refund me for the ten months.

Finally a result! In the mean time I got Magnet installed 4MB ASDL + Digital TV for 30 yo yo's a month.

Thanks again irish & jumpy.

Advertisement