Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Popping the question!!

• 29-05-2007 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

So girls, is there a nice or special way to pop the question (without travelling to Paris or something like that)? How would you like it done?

thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Well imo I would like to be asked somewhere that had meaning for the two of us...like where we go on a favourite walk, first weekend away etc - somewhere that had meaning for the two of us and that is quiet - the one place I know that I wouldn't like to be proposed to is in a pub or in a restaurant!

Also he better get down on one knee (I'm chessy like that)!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I've talked to my bloke about this. I'd like it to be just the two of us, so at home possibly with candlelight, or like boffin said somewhere that had meaning for the two of us. He has also been ordered to be down on one knee. I also warned him that if he does it in a public place he'll be kicked in the head :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mate you know your missus

do something/everything she likes and during that whole time pop the question...

As once it has been popped every time her mates quiz her on it you want to be proud of the story...

So decide what your doing , how your gonna do it then replay it back to yourself and see how it reads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sunny25

Whats her fave film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Fav film? It wouldn't be anything too romantic, probably a comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭danyosan

I'll give you a run down on how I did it. I was famous for a week in the town.

She is a teacher, and I turned up at bell time in a stretch limo, dressed up to the nines. I waited in the limo until she came out the door and the limo driver called her over and ushered her into the car where I was waiting with champagne and ring. Got down on one knee and did the proposing. The car then drove around the countryside for an hour to let her get over the shock.

Meanwhile, back at the house, I had decorated the sitting room with rose petals, scented candles, a dozen red roses, her favourite photo of us together in an engraved frame ( our names and the date I proposed) and another bottle of champers. I had also made up a CD of some of her favourite songs which was playing in the background.

She was blown away as she thought the limo journey was the end of the surprise!

I had also booked a table at a restuarant for that evening.

It was a brilliant day all round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭mel123

Women like romance, i am not talking something too OTT, maybe a picnic on a beach with the sun going down and a bottle of champers, doesnt have to cost the earth, its the thought that counts. Me personally if he did it at a party of something like that in front of a crowd it would be my worst nightmare, want it to be just the two of us.
    Let us know how u get on!!! Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Definately make it just the two of you - a restuarant setting would horrify me!!! Good luck!!

Advertisement