Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aib internet banking

Options
  • 29-05-2007 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

i haven't been able to connect to this for a few days now.. is anybody else having any trouble?

ffs, it's a fairly integral part of a banking service you'd think if there was a problem they'd try to solve it lickety-split

--edit

nevermind, I'm a retard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Anyone mind if I hijack this into a general AIB Suck thread? In order to buy a laptop on installments I need a proof of address. AIB never seem to send them and I need one from the past three months. Im waiting on the second one now- the first didnt arrive because, although they have my full address, thats only one one section. For some bizarre reason when I went to the bank to enquire as to where the first statement was my "postal" address only contains the first half of my address (house no. and development name). 8 other feckin streets start with the same first part :mad: They said they sent a new one to the correct address (they cant print them out in the bank, another useless service :confused: ). Into the 4th working day now, I need this by tomorrow.

Bastards, the lot of em. Im joinin TSB, Phil Leotardo threatened me into it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no, go right ahead.. I was just typing the wrong address :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I just tried mine. Works fine from this side of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I actually quite like AIB. I've never had any problems with them. Maybe I've been lucky! I was BOI before and they were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

shane86 wrote:
    In order to buy a laptop on installments I need a proof of address. AIB never seem to send them t of em. Im joinin TSB, Phil Leotardo threatened me into it :)

I had the same problem with my bank .... If you have a recent letter from the revenue, they'll accept that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Shane86: If you think AIB are bad, wait until you experience Permantent TSB - esp. Open24...It used to be a great service (Albeit, a bit backwards- like phoning to set up a bank transfer,etc.) - but two weeks ago I had a nightmare trying to transfer money to another PTSB account - It took me two days to get it sorted (3 if you count the third day that they needlessly called back), a deleted account, at least 20 security questions and 4 agents... *sigh* Never Again!

mordeth wrote:
    nevermind, I'm a retard.
    Just... because.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

They're the best bank i've dealt with. Have AIB and BOI accounts (opened the second just to get freebies ages ago:p ). I've found BOI make everything far more complicated than is necessary. I've never had any problems with my AIB account, through my own branch. my experiences have varied hugely from branch to branch. Seems like they keep all the most incompitent in groups (won't point fingers).
    And for some reason my account name developed a middle initial about a year ago, I don't even have a middle name :confused::confused: ?!?

DavyD 83 wrote:
    I don't even have a middle name
    You must, Shirley. Not Christian parents? Oo (Sorry, I just find this the most interesting part of the thread)

aib insist on calling me Gillian, even though I've asked about 4-5 times in a couple of different branches to change it.

i wonder if I could get away with not paying my bill...

Mordeth wrote:
    aib insist on calling me Gillian, even though I've asked about 4-5 times in a couple of different branches to change it.

i wonder if I could get away with not paying my bill...
    Of course not, Gillian. (This shall stick for as long as my memory lasts (<24hours))

• Advertisement

Have you tried being Frank with them?

*bangs head off desk*

what have I done....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been with AIB for over 15 years with no problems whatsoever. Internet and Phone banking with them is excellent, and they've never screwed anything up on me. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Karoma wrote:
    You must, Shirley. Not Christian parents? Oo (Sorry, I just find this the most interesting part of the thread)

Nope! well, confirmation name. but i don't really think o that as part o my name, and it definitely isn't on any official documents. Anyway that was John n they've decided i have some mysterious middle name starting with a D. I must ring them and ask what it stands for

Mordeth wrote:
    *bangs head off desk*

what have I done....
    Frankly Gillian, you haven't done enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Never had any real problems as such with AIB. Although, it did take me about 3 years to get my address changed so my statements would go to the right address.

I eventually received 20 bank statements about 2 weeks ago listing all my transactions for the past 3 years. Its actually kinda cool looking over them now and trying to remember what the withdrawals were for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

switch to rabodirect, pure class!! 5% interest, boi 0.8%

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I've had an AIB and a BoI account for about 8 years each now. Definately find the AIB online service better-I can transfer money online from it to my BoI account. But BoI won't let me transfer to AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

P-TSB is good I find
    shill shill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Rabies wrote:
    Have you tried being Frank with them?

That was shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Have been with AIB for 12 years now and find the online banking great. It's very rare I need to phone them or set foot in a branch which suits me as - like most people - I work 9-5 and prefer to spend my lunchtime doing something other than queueing in a bank. Have a laser and credit card with them too with no problems (in fact, when my previous card number turned up in London they rang me after hours to verify the transactions - I hadn't even noticed yet, never mind been to London! - and refunded me the full costs involved within a few days).

That said though their loan department could do with some work. Often seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

24 hour banking has been working fine for me anyway. Oh how I love being able to pay off my credit card as and when I want to, rather than having to use a giro like some of my friends who don't internet-bank.

Been with AIB for 22 years and BOI for 4. Much prefer AIB, not just because I've been their customer for almost 6 times as long as BOI but also because regardless of branch (I've lived in a few different places) when I go into the branch, particularly when dealing with Customer Services, they remember who I am. Not in an "I have your account in front of me now, Ms. Ryan" way, but they greet me before I give them details.

The woman who helped me to organise my loan for college this year remembered what I was studying 8 months after we had talked last. In BOI I was talking to the same woman 4 days in a row and she couldn't remember my name even though she had my ATM card (which had my name ON it) in her hand. When my wallet got stolen and I didn't know my account numbers for either my AIB or BOI accounts, cancelling the cards and getting them re-issued was a pain in the ass, and by no means easy, but AIB's CSRs were far more pleasant and friendly. Granted, only two examples, but similar things happen all the time with AIB coming out on top every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bolliwoodi

no its fine 4 me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

it takes me 3 times to get the details in, each exactly the same as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Well, the statement never arrived. Third time lucky I hope. Do you think if I wrote an angry email threatening to report them to the regulator Id get a cash credit? After all, two statements with my personal financial details are folating about, even possibly in someone elses house.

Not that I actually care if they do read it, I dont care if anyone knbows how much I get paid and how much I have in my account, but maybe if I act the bollix about it I might get some luck. Any experience with it?

Advertisement