Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aistes

Options
  • 29-05-2007 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Ok, so i've basically done nothing all year in irish. im looking to get a high C, low B and just wondering should i concentrate on the aistes in paper 1 or everything in paper 2. im kinda leaning towards the aiste because its worth so much. im good at tape and i think my oral went well so what u think? plus are there any aistes in particular i shud prepare, besides the usual drugs, drink, education etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

Yeah prob concentrate on the aiste but have a flick through the poems and know what they're basically about cause you can just waffle a lot on them and you'll have the quotes in front of u. and know how to say the usual poem crap which isn't hard . as for the stories, look over the pass ones at least. theyre also grand and waffable for a few easy marks. And ideally learn some of the stair na gaeilge stuff.

At least u dont have to study for the comprehensions and listening ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

You should be okay on the poems because they're on the page. Just make sure you mention a few of these words and discuss them a little bit:
    Codarsnacht,
    Atmaisféar,
    Friotal,
    Athrá,
    etc.

As for the stories, make sure you know the general story. Then try to find time to concentrate on a few of the characters. You can talk about the characters in most questions so you might be lucky if you know one or two well.

As for Aiste topics:
    Crime, racism, education, environment, drink, drugs, the slaughter on our roads...you can work these into almost any essay. Plus, remember that there's more than the essay on the page. Sometimes if the essay doesn't suit what you've studied, the Alt might have something nice and there isn't a huge difference between an Alt and an Aiste.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Yeah don't worry.The poetry will kind of stick in your mind from class to the extent that you'll be able to BS any question that comes along,even if its a case of translating a section of the poem.The stories will be okay as long as you have the general idea of what happened,which again you'll probably remember from class.You don't have to have pages off by heart talking about the characters if you know the story because you can make up any anser from that.
    History is just history.I can't say anymore.You can BS that and get a reasonable mark.You should be grand.Just look up the aisto under the headings that have been suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Thanks guys! :) ur right about the poetry and pros though. i could probably make up an answer, esp. pros from just knowing the plot. il def take a look at the alt and the diospoireacht on the day to see if i can twist them. iv got a sceal too that works for lots of emotions and seanfhocails too so shud be ok for paper 1. thanx!

Advertisement