Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thumped in face by schoolgirl! Need to know which school uniform was from.

Options
  • 29-05-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

Yesterday, at about 1.30pm as I was getting onto the Luas at James Hospital, a girl (approx aged 15) thumped me in the face. By the time I realised what had happened she was off. I didn't want to get off the train as she had a big gang of friends with her and I was worried they would kill me.

She did it for no reason at all - was laughing to her friends saying - am after thumping your one in the face ha ha.

To make it worse, I am recovering from having 3 wisdom teeth removed and she caused ny stiches to rupture.

Anyway, I would know her if I seen her. I am trying to track down the school as I intend to press charges against her. More just so she is made accountable for her actions.

She came on the red line from the tallaght direction and got off at the hospital. She was wearing a beige jumper, with a green crest. A green skirt (possibly checked) with bottle green tights. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

No more Steven Seagal moves please.

Dub13

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jen199

I think you are right. They can get on at rialto. thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

check with arnotts, they do all the school uniforms....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You should have spoken to the driver to see if you could arrange for the police to view the surveillance footage. This might still be an option - get in touch with the Luas head office straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

let us know how you get on. It must have been upsetting for you, hope you feel better soon. ;)

I just spoke to the deputy headmaster of the school who is going to try and track her down. I've also spoken to the police who are going to try and get the cctv footage. I'll let you know.

Thanks
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭liamdubh

Good stuff (the pressing charges bit). How old are you by the way?

Such mindlessness. At least this will teach her a lesson.

I'm 30. Talk about lack of respect.

She was just so smug about it - that was what annoyed me most. All i'd really like to do is make her sweat for a couple of days.

Jen199 wrote:

She was just so smug about it - that was what annoyed me most. All i'd really like to do is make her sweat for a couple of days.

I'd definitely hold her accountable but you'd have to wonder and what sort of parents bring up a child that feels the need to punch random strangers in the face for no reason whatsoever other than to give themselves a feeling of self-satisfaction. She is taking out some of her aggression on a blameless stranger. It's really not healthy.

But personally, I'd follow through all the way with it. Give the little **** a criminal record and a Juvenile Liason Officer to deal with for a few years as a reminder of what a stupid thing she did. Maybe her friends will think twice about doing anything similar in future. Without sounding too high and mighty you'd be doing everybody else a service by following through with it.

• Advertisement

You're right - if it stopped her doing it again. Little b***h. If this is what shes like at about 15 years of age - imagine her in 10 years.

Her parents must be so proud!

Jen199 wrote:

imagine the look on her face when you walk into her classroom with her principal.

nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Was she from Loreto in Crumlin?

Looks like their Juniors have a uniform as you described - with a beige jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

OP... Im really sorry that happened to you.. I hope you find the little b**ch and that she gets what she deserves. Society just seems to be getting worse and worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Well done on taking this action as people not reporting/prosecuting these clowns is why this kind of behaviour is becoming so commen.
    hopefully she nd her dopey mates??! will pay for wat they done.wont' be so smug then.

OP - were the Gardai helpful? Or did they care? You could go through the school yearbook or class photos and find her too.

I don't like sounding like I should be phoning Liveline but how far is it from a "girl" punching random strangers in the face for no reason to maybe using a knife on strangers or a group of them attacking somebody? So you're dead right to report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Loreto Crumlin don't have a checked skirt. I don't see how the school can track down the student. She's probably a junior cert or doing summer exams as most schools are at the moment. There are students all over the city every day so it would be hard to find her. Plus I think that once a student leaves the school premises she is no longer the responsibility of the school. Your best bet is to try and view the CCCT footage, have the school identify the student and let the guards handle it from there.

Loreto Crumlin don't have a checked skirt. I don't see how the school can track down the student. She's probably a junior cert or doing summer exams as most schools are at the moment. There are students all over the city every day so it would be hard to find her. Plus I think that once a student leaves the school premises she is no longer the responsibility of the school. Your best bet is to try and view the CCCT footage, have the school identify the student and let the guards handle it from there.

CCTV?

There maybe be a lot of schools around but the uniforms are distinctive, I do see how any school could track down any student. It would go something like:

"Here's a photo of the student I'm looking for"
    "That's John Smith, here's his home address, Guard"
    "Thanks"

And nobody is talking about holding the school responsible anyway. The OP is going to the school in order to find the name of the student who assaulted her. And as for the discipline issue, I'd imagine that a student wearing the school uniform on their way to or from school would be disciplined by the school if they become aware of an incident like this. It's also a criminal matter and not a school discipline matter, though in all probability it will be both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

liamdubh wrote:
    CCTV?
    And nobody is talking about holding the school responsible anyway. The OP is going to the school in order to find the name of the student who assaulted her. And as for the discipline issue, I'd imagine that a student wearing the school uniform on their way to or from school would be disciplined by the school if they become aware of an incident like this.

You are correct, once you are still in school uniform then you can and will be disciplined by the school as its the schools reputation that is also tarnished!!

liamdubh wrote:
    CCTV?

There maybe be a lot of schools around but the uniforms are distinctive, I do see how any school could track down any student. It would go something like:

"Here's a photo of the student I'm looking for"
    "That's John Smith, here's his home address, Guard"
    "Thanks"

And nobody is talking about holding the school responsible anyway. The OP is going to the school in order to find the name of the student who assaulted her. And as for the discipline issue, I'd imagine that a student wearing the school uniform on their way to or from school would be disciplined by the school if they become aware of an incident like this.

If you'd read my previous post I said "Your best bet is to try and view the CCCT footage, have the school identify the student and let the guards handle it from there." Of course they can identify the student from the footage but it would be extremely hard to find the culprit without some kind of photo or image. Silly suggestions about attacking the culprit with crowbars or marching into the student's classroom with the principal are not really helpful :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

God that's horrific!! Hope you're feeling somewhat better now, I'm sure ull feel great when they find the scumbag, keep us updated!

If you'd read my previous post I said "Your best bet is to try and view the CCCT footage, have the school identify the student and let the guards handle it from there." Of course they can identify the student from the footage but it would be extremely hard to find the culprit without some kind of photo or image.

In that case you've contradicted yourself. Go back and read what you've posted. It's called CCTV by the way. It stands for "closed circuit television".
    There's an image in the OP's mind somewhere, I'd imagine. There are class photos and also the Gardai said they would retrieve the CCTV from the LUAS.
    Silly suggestions about attacking the culprit with crowbars or marching into the student's classroom with the principal are not really helpful :rolleyes:

I'm glad I didn't make them then.

If you'd read my previous post I said "Your best bet is to try and view the CCCT footage, have the school identify the student and let the guards handle it from there." Of course they can identify the student from the footage but it would be extremely hard to find the culprit without some kind of photo or image. Silly suggestions about attacking the culprit with crowbars or marching into the student's classroom with the principal are not really helpful :rolleyes:

If there is no CCTV footage, the principal may ask her to go to various classrooms to see if she can see the girl. What I was saying is that if the girl realises she's going to be caught, the look on her face will be priceless. I wasn't suggesting that she marches anywhere, so your patronising admonishment to read posts properly is quite ironic.

tbh wrote:
    If there is no CCTV footage, the principal may ask her to go to various classrooms to see if she can see the girl. What I was saying is that if the girl realises she's going to be caught, the look on her face will be priceless. I wasn't suggesting that she marches anywhere, so your patronising admonishment to read posts properly is quite ironic.

Sounds like Lily might have something to hide.

In that case you've contradicted yourself. Go back and read what you've posted. It's called CCTV by the way. It stands for "closed circuit television".
    There's an image in the OP's mind somewhere, I'd imagine. There are class photos and also the Gardai said they would retrieve the CCTV

Oh God, I do apologize for the typo :rolleyes: and yes, I do know what CCTV stands for! What I meant was the school cannot identify the culprit based on the OPs description alone and I doubt if looking at a class photo would do the job either. Therefore it would be necessary to view the luas footage to do so.

There's an image in the OP's mind somewhere, I'd imagine. There are class photos and also the Gardai said they would retrieve the CCTV

Oh God, I do apologize for the typo :rolleyes: and yes, I do know what CCTV stands for! What I meant was the school cannot identify the culprit based on the OPs description alone and I doubt if looking at a class photo would do the job either. Therefore it would be necessary to view the luas footage to do so.

or failing that, have the OP go into a couple of classrooms and see if she can identify the girl.

fair enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Report it at least, the Guards wil lbe able to look at CCTV

tbh wrote:
    or failing that, have the OP go into a couple of classrooms and see if she can identify the girl.

fair enough?

I can't see any school Principal allowing anyone into a classroom to identify a student.

I've seen this happen more than once.

• Advertisement

I can't see any school Principal allowing anyone into a classroom to identify a student.

Probably not. But I'd say they will be able to narrow down who it was quite quickly. Due to the time, the fact it was on a LUAS at a particular stop, the age of the girl involved, the size of the group and the description of the girl(s) involved. The attacker must have some distinguished features, most likely a pug nose.

Advertisement