Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thumped in face by schoolgirl! Need to know which school uniform was from.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jen199 wrote: »
    Hi - I'm the person this happened to. I just wanted to give an update on the outcome.

I contacted the school and explained what had happened. They were not co-operative at all. To the extent of denying that it was possible that it was one of their children as the years that wear that uniform were doing exams that day.

I contacted the police who told me that there has been a huge increase in this type of activity, and they had numerous complaints from people in the same area about things like this. They were very helpful and brought me in to review footage they had obtained from the luas that day.

We found the footage, but as it was at the door, the assault itself wasn't visable on the footage. However they contacted the school and gave details of it. They came back and assured me that the school had given her a warning, and that her parents were informed but I received no apology either from the girl herself or the school. As the assault wasn't clear on the footage, there wasn't enough evidence to press charges so that was the end of it.

So while I was very disappointed with the school, and their reaction to it, I was very impressed with the police and how they were very proactive about it. As you know, I had just had some wisdom teeth removed a few days previous and this ripped the stitches. My mouth took a lot longer to heal and it caused a lot more discomfort than it should have. You hear about these things happening, but to happen in the middle of the day in such a public place was what surprised me.

In hind sight, when I consider the amount of people who seen what happened, I find it quite telling of how Irish society that not one person offered to help, or even asked how I was, despite the fact that I had blood coming from my mouth.

Ah well..

So she got away with assault, sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Boggles wrote: »
    So she got away with assault, sorry to hear that.

Yeah. Fair play to the OP for following it up though. Plenty of these things happen unreported.

I hope your better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jen199 wrote: »
    Hi - I'm the person this happened to. I just wanted to give an update on the outcome.

I contacted the school and explained what had happened. They were not co-operative at all. To the extent of denying that it was possible that it was one of their children as the years that wear that uniform were doing exams that day.

I contacted the police who told me that there has been a huge increase in this type of activity, and they had numerous complaints from people in the same area about things like this. They were very helpful and brought me in to review footage they had obtained from the luas that day.

We found the footage, but as it was at the door, the assault itself wasn't visable on the footage. However they contacted the school and gave details of it. They came back and assured me that the school had given her a warning, and that her parents were informed but I received no apology either from the girl herself or the school. As the assault wasn't clear on the footage, there wasn't enough evidence to press charges so that was the end of it.

So while I was very disappointed with the school, and their reaction to it, I was very impressed with the police and how they were very proactive about it. As you know, I had just had some wisdom teeth removed a few days previous and this ripped the stitches. My mouth took a lot longer to heal and it caused a lot more discomfort than it should have. You hear about these things happening, but to happen in the middle of the day in such a public place was what surprised me.

In hind sight, when I consider the amount of people who seen what happened, I find it quite telling of how Irish society that not one person offered to help, or even asked how I was, despite the fact that I had blood coming from my mouth.

Ah well..

can you take a civil prosecution in a case like this.Or maybe go to a local newspaper..shame the **** out of the girl and the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Degsy wrote: »
    can you take a civil prosecution in a case like this.Or maybe go to a local newspaper..shame the **** out of the girl and the school.

I doubt it, as the Guards didn't have enough evidence to press charges. Newspapers couldn't mention the girl's name either as she's most likely under 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_slapping

Eight youths set upon a 31 year-old man in Brighton, who turned out to be an amateur boxer. Two of the youths were hospitalized by the intended victim and 4 arrested for causing an affray

LOL :D

Though tbh I am surprised it wasnt the boxer who faced the charges.

Personally if I thought I could take them Id attempt to cause lsting eyesight injury to the perp using the phone as a weapon.

Or just knock their head in and rob their phone, either way is adaquate.

Although permanent disabillity is slightly more gratifying.......

As for the schoolgirl, she was given a warning? If she was given a warning and refused to accept it I should think she would be expelled. If she accepted it, she admitted guilt. So how the fcuk is there no evidence?

Lazy cops and cnuty schools is all it is, Id follow it up tbh, neither side is doing their job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

you should rang the school up after the the police contacted them, see if they had changed their tune. make a point to the principal, highlight his cowardice.

so they had good id of the girl from the footage but not the assault?

nice to hear the police follow it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

joe duffy! phone him up.

little ****ing bitch, if she had been hit back we would be the ones nicked for it :mad:

this post will obviously bring this back to the top of the boards, there are plenty of people on here who would encourage you to highlight this event.

otherwise, the only hope is she gets her dues in return when she has hit the wrong person

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry to hear of your distress OP, this kind of behaviour is just disgusting!!!
    What sort of society are we turning into??? Teenagers today seem to have an animalistic streak to them that is frightening!! Best of luck with whatever you can do to highlight this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

+1 for the local paper idea. Name and shame the school at least for not taking appropriate action.

Thanks for the update, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I just can't understand how much longer people are going to tolerate this sort of ****e. Every weekend night when I'm out working I see stupid mindless violence, "happy slapping" seems to be the thing to do, one step up is stabbings and shootings. When are we going to turn around and reclaim our towns and cities from this scum and when are the cops and the courts going to shed their kidskin glove approach and start dishing out the retribution required ?

Look at what zero tolerance has done for New York, their crime problem was of a completely different magnitude but in a few years time the place has been turned around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Look at what zero tolerance has done for New York, their crime problem was of a completely different magnitude but in a few years time the place has been turned around.

I lived in New York in the years preceding the introduction of 'zero tolerance'. The crime problem was never as bad as people outside the city thought it was. In fact there were few cities in the world I would have felt as safe in walking down the streets after midnight. There was a reduction in the crime rate following the introduction of 'zero tolerance' but there was a similar reduction in the crime rate in other US cities at the same time, where there was no 'zero tolerance'. It was a nationwide trend, for which nobody is entirely certain of the reasons.

Obviously the problems here need to be dealt with urgently but with considered measures, not kneejerk reactions.

Advertisement