Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

often I should walk my new pup

Options
  • 29-05-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hey

Just wondering how long and often I should walk my new pup He is 13 weeks old I have been walking him for about 40 mins a day and he gets to play with the kids all day as well is this to much or to little

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

That is too much, 40 minutes per day for a 13 week old pup. You have to build it up gradually, start with about 10-15 minutes per day. Too much exercise can damage the pups joints. But of course play with your pup as well, that's great exercise for him:)

Good Luck!
    Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

What type of dog is he? The larger the breed the less you give to begin with. For larger breeds, road work should be to a minimum. it's just better to do only a little exercise and build up gradually otherwise you'll have to walk further when he is older to tire him out. lol. Best of luck with your pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

He is a lab but he is a very big pup and very active ill cut it down tonight. He still has energy after the 40 mins ill see how I get on tonight hope he does not wake us up cause he is not tired

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Try playing with him and training him to exercise his mind.... Its just that putting a pup on a lead and taking him for long walks is not a good idea really... Training him will tire him out too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Yeah he needs his energy to grow good and strong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement