Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting Griffith anyone?

• 29-05-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Delighted, will be finished my finals on Saturday and starting in Griffith on Tuesday!!!!! Will it ever end? Anyone else doing the Griffith course for the FE1's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Aye. Can't wait. What a way to unwind after finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i already knew u were doing it besty!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

Me. I'm doing them. I'm starting tomorrow doing Tort and Property, then Criminal, Contract and Equity on Saturday.

:( I'm rather scared!

had first lecture there last night. contract. have to say the lecturer is very good and it seems like its going to be one of the easier ones. i cudnt believe the size of the constitutional manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

All mine went ok, I'm impressed with the lecturers. I met some nice people too which was nice. i found the campus easy to find and its a nice place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey guys,

I'm doing them too, and have to admit I am cacking it now!! I hav'nt studied in a few years, probably 3 at least and was never really an academic anyway!!!

Gotta agree on the constitutional front, the manual is massive and the lecturer rips through it,

Anyone got any tips from people that have done these??? :eek:

the only tip i have been given is to know everything! i had intended on doing 6 in sept but think i will do 5 instead. too daunting to do more than that!

Hey,

Thanks a million, do you know if the nutshells books are the same, eg: Do I need a particular one for Irish as opposed to English etc,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

gabgab wrote:
    Hey,

Thanks a million, do you know if the nutshells books are the same, eg: Do I need a particular one for Irish as opposed to English etc,

Roundhall nutshells are the Irish ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

gabgab wrote:
    Hey guys,

I'm doing them too, and have to admit I am cacking it now!! I hav'nt studied in a few years, probably 3 at least and was never really an academic anyway!!!

Gotta agree on the constitutional front, the manual is massive and the lecturer rips through it,

Anyone got any tips from people that have done these??? :eek:

i hadnt studied in about 4 years when i started them , passed 7, now only eu to go, as font22 the best tip is know everything, you really have to,
    picking and choosing topics and relying soley on lectureres tips is a dangerous game - i found out the hard way!
    fe-1s are do-able but really gotta put in mountains of work, griffith really is a massive help
    think u were asking on another post about learning off v doing previous questions, do both, submit the homework questions in griffith, will keep u on the right track but u gotta learn the suff off for the exams themselves, no other way around it really, but dont learn massive chunks of the manuals or get bogged down on minute case details or dates of cases, do your own digestable notes based on the manuals and the examiners reports
    if you've any other questions, ask away, only too happy to help, i know how horrible they are the first time u sit them

• Advertisement

reality is really hitting home at this stage. thought i cud get away without studying for awhile yet but dont think that is feasible anymore! actually, question: was anyone in property law on tuesday last? she mentioned we should look at question 1 from the April 2004 paper but the booklet doesnt go back that far. any idea where i can get a copy of that question?

i'd say i have that at home, i'll post it here over the weekend if i find it

Ah cheers Tombren,

I have been trying to make summary notes but it takes me absolutely ages to do it, I know a lot of people that are doing them are 500 point heads from the leaving and 1.1 degree people,

Not me I'm afraid :D:D

Did you summarise stuff a lot yeh??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

gabgab wrote:
    Ah cheers Tombren,

I have been trying to make summary notes but it takes me absolutely ages to do it, I know a lot of people that are doing them are 500 point heads from the leaving and 1.1 degree people,

why worry about other people? i didnt get 500 points or a 1:1 and ive done these exams.. anyone can do them if you are prepared do work bloody hard for them. dont wait till august to start studying, do it now..

gabgab wrote:
    Ah cheers Tombren,

yeah i summarise everything, the 2 to 3 weeks before the exam i dont even go near the manuals, just study my own summarised notes,
    i know it's difficult coz alot of times it easy to fall into the trap of just re-writing the manual which is obviously pointless,
    if at all possible i try to stick to the '3 page' rule, friend of mine intro'd me to it and think it saved my life in the last set. for me especially coz im not a fast writer i never write any more than about 3-4 pages per question in the exam, so why learn or summarise your notes down to 10-15 pages per exam topic?
    so now i go over past papers & reports, identify topics and how they come up then do my notes based to that, for every individual topic that comes up as a question i try to get my summarised notes down to 3 pages,
    obviously this wont work for everything but i found for subjects like criminal and contract it worked a treat,
    but everyone has their own method so this mightn't work for u, but did the job for me,
    as for people with first class honours and 500 points, dont worry bout it, i got nowhere near 500 hundred points, didnt do a law degree, neither did most of my fe-1 mates and we're all getting thru them, obviously if you've got a big fat brain it helps but it's not a pre-requistite :)

Cheers lads,

I think I have fallen into the rewriting the manual trap so I'm gonna start again with them,

I think I will do the point: Eg Literal Approach in law, then a case to highlight it cos I get what the principal is behind it, is there anything else I should do?

Advertisement