Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

light brown hair - Blonde

• 29-05-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi All,

My hair is a light brown with blonde highlights through it, finding it very expensive to maintain the blonde as i have roots after about a month of getting highlights - was thinking of dying my hair blonde with one of the l'oreal ranges - has anyone got any suggestions?
    Obviously there will be more up keep on the hair but i dont think it will cost me as much as getting highlights 5-6 times a year. Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I can't offer a single piece of advice about hair dye. But I urge you to thank your lucky stars every single day that you're not ginger :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

you should try one of the high lights kits in boots,they cost around twelve euro but they look great when i used one and its a lot cheaper than going to a salon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My experience with home-dying blonde was that my roots just turned orange. Highlights are subtle, whereas full blown dying is not.

I'd recommend getting students to do your hair. Loads of salon offer it, it's top notch but at half the price because they're training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Faith wrote:
    My experience with home-dying blonde was that my roots just turned orange. Highlights are subtle, whereas full blown dying is not.

I'd recommend getting students to do your hair. Loads of salon offer it, it's top notch but at half the price because they're training.

Yeah, be really careful with home dyes. They are only really meant to be for people who want to go one or two shades lighter or darker than their original colour. I would suggest going to the hairdressers and getting an all over colour if thats what you want. Find out what colour the stylist is using and you can buy these colours from hairdressing supply shops. Bit trickier to mix the colour etc but At least your guaranteed not to end up with orange roots that way. Dont' tell the stylist you're planning on doing it yourself thereafter though, cos chances are they will try and talk you out of it.
    Alternatively as Faith suggested, get the trainees to do your hair. most salons are always looking for models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

DeiseGal wrote:
    My hair is a light brown with blonde highlights through it, finding it very expensive to maintain the blonde as i have roots after about a month of getting highlights - was thinking of dying my hair blonde with one of the l'oreal ranges - has anyone got any suggestions?
    Obviously there will be more up keep on the hair but i dont think it will cost me as much as getting highlights 5-6 times a year. Thanks :D
    You could try the Garnier Rich Honey Collection. I used one and got a lovely result, they bring out the lighter shades in your hair.
    tallaght01 wrote:
    I can't offer a single piece of advice about hair dye. But I urge you to thank your lucky stars every single day that you're not ginger :P
    I'd love to have red hair, seriously. I think it's so distinctive and celtic looking, and with a red lipstick they have that whole 'femme fatale' thing going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Thanks guy, might try the boots highlight kit first and see how that goes. Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

Hi

I was in the same situation as you, I used the highlight kit one nite had to get a friend to do it for me and though it worked she couldnt get down to the roots to really cover them up. So about a month or 2 ago I got fed up and i was not going back to the hairdresers to spend another 135 on my hair so i decided to bit the bullet went to the chemist and got the dye kit that you colour your hair all over first then highlight it later. It turned out lovely to be honest, picked up the old colours in my hair so it looked really well textured.

I did an alright job for the first time, putting the highlights in can be tricky but it worked for me, probably could do with doing the roots again sometime soon enough but for the mo its fine till i save up for the hairdressers again

Poppy84 wrote:
    Hi

I was in the same situation as you, I used the highlight kit one nite had to get a friend to do it for me and though it worked she couldnt get down to the roots to really cover them up. So about a month or 2 ago I got fed up and i was not going back to the hairdresers to spend another 135 on my hair so i decided to bit the bullet went to the chemist and got the dye kit that you colour your hair all over first then highlight it later. It turned out lovely to be honest, picked up the old colours in my hair so it looked really well textured.

I did an alright job for the first time, putting the highlights in can be tricky but it worked for me, probably could do with doing the roots again sometime soon enough but for the mo its fine till i save up for the hairdressers again

Excellent, i think i will try that - can you give me the name of the brand you used if you can remember. Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

DeiseGal wrote:
    Excellent, i think i will try that - can you give me the name of the brand you used if you can remember. Cheers :D

L'Oreal Couleur Experte cant remember which colour but i would say get in a chemist the supermarkets dont generally have a great range of the colours in it

Brill, thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

post a photo of before and after??

Advertisement