Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My vibrator is broken!

• 29-05-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭

So i think the vibrator on my phone is broked... if someone rings my phone ro texts me or whatever it does not vibrate, except the odd time where it will make a rather feeble effort... This sucks big time, as i travel on the buses all time i can rarely hear my phone ring, but can always feel it in my pocket...

The phone is a Nokia 6103, not flash but it does the job... Is this a regular problem? Can it be fixed or anything? What say ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What a title! :) How old is the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thanks, thought long and hard about a witty title....

Anyway, i don't know how long exactly i have the phone, but i think its under a year, the earliest pictures on it are from July of last year... So it might have been then when i got it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

LOL @ the title. Thanks :)

If it's under a year go back to the shop you bought it in and get it sent off for repair. If you don't know where it was bought ring up the network who should be able to help you find out.

ciaranfo wrote:
    LOL @ the title. Thanks :)

If it's under a year go back to the shop you bought it in and get it sent off for repair. If you don't know where it was bought ring up the network who should be able to help you find out.

Might do that alright, only thing is that the last time that i had to get a phone repaired i was without a phone for a few weeks, and the replacement phone was utter crap, something from the 088 era nearly...

I'll pop in on my way home, see what they say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

dulpit wrote:
    Thanks, thought long and hard about a witty title....

Thinking long and hard is quite apt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

dulpit wrote:
    I'll pop in on my way home
    Careful to not do that while driving.

Hilarious all round lads...

Anyway, called into Meteor (where i bought it) all they said was that they could send it off, would take 2 weeks... They did say i could try the Nokia centre, so might give them a ring tomorrow, see what they say, would prefer not to be without my phone for 2 weeks...

It is still under the manufacturer (Nokia) warranty so you can send it to MPRC and it will be repaired with no charge. The turnaround is pretty quick too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

isn't the vibrator part of the battery? that was my understanding. if so should it not be easier to replace the battery?

just my 2-cents! i always though it was part of the battery and not the phone.

Ruu wrote:
    It is still under the manufacturer (Nokia) warranty so you can send it to MPRC and it will be repaired with no charge. The turnaround is pretty quick too.

Not quite in Dublin though... (Cork to be precise)

Anyways, i'm gonna ring the Nokia Service centre in town in a while, and i'll see what they say... Hopefully it'll be a quick job... (and hopefully they'll honour the guarantee and not send me back to the Meteor shop, where i'll have to wait 2 weeks :()

• Advertisement

Ok, so apparently its a quick & easy job to fix the vibrator, so i'll hand my phone in this evening and they'll have it ready tomorrow afternoon... They'll honour the guarantee as well :)

So hopefully by tomorrow evening i'll get to play with my vibrator again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

dulpit wrote:
    Ok, so apparently its a quick & easy job to fix the vibrator, so i'll hand my phone in this evening and they'll have it ready tomorrow afternoon... They'll honour the guarantee as well :)

So hopefully by tomorrow evening i'll get to play with my vibrator again :D

If you bring it to MPRC, it should only take them 3 hrs to repair it. Now thats quick

drdre wrote:
    If you bring it to MPRC, it should only take them 3 hrs to repair it. Now thats quick

As i've already said I don't actually live in Dublin, surprising as that may seem to some on these boards...

And the crowd told me over phone that it'll only take a few hours, but seen as how i'm at work now, won't get it into them in time to be finished by close...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Dont Anne Summers have an online shop? :D

Have a look on nowgsm.com, they stock replacement parts
    for most phones and ship cheaply from Hong Kong. I've ordered
    several times from them over the years without any problems.
    Delivery is usually less than a week and cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

laoisfan wrote:
    isn't the vibrator part of the battery? that was my understanding. if so should it not be easier to replace the battery?

its not. the battery is just a battery and has no moving parts. the vibrator is a motor with a cam attached to the rotor and is built into the circuit board of the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

laoisfan wrote:

These were done a few years ago, but only on a few Nokia phones, mainly the 5110, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6310 etc They switched to a little internal vibrating motor after that.

dulpit wrote:
    As i've already said I don't actually live in Dublin, surprising as that may seem to some on these boards...

And the crowd told me over phone that it'll only take a few hours, but seen as how i'm at work now, won't get it into them in time to be finished by close...

You can still post it if you are stuck and you will still have it back faster than you would by sending it through the shop.

Advertisement