Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomas Sanderson blinds

Options
  • 29-05-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has them installed in their house?
    Any feedback?
    Got a quote from them and while they are expensive, im kinda snookered as i have 1 room with big windows in it and it looks like their system will work for me.
    Are they worth the money?
    Is there any other companies out there that do a similar product?

Cheers,
    D...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

We have them and they're fine. They are very expensive and I wonder if they are worth it TBH

My advice, if you really want them go for it BUT Haggle like hell. Our final price ended up being less than half the original quoted price.

I have a contact for them if you're in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I have them too, only becauce it was impossible to hang curtains due to the shape of the window. They are ok, well fitted but really thought they would be much nicer!

After I got them I discovered that a shop in a nearby town is now selling similar, so I had a good nose, they get them from Scotland and they are much more versatile, you can get them that they can go bottom up or top down on the one fitting. fantastic. oh yeah the samples they had on display were horrible thick ones but they had similar to TS in their sample box.

They were coming in at roughly the same price as the TSs too even with TSs 50% off.

TSs do a good service in that they get back to you at least.

We tried Acme blinds too, but found they were hopeless at even setting up an appointment or even just ringing back. useless feckers.

Beware of TSs reps, very pushy and will try to get you to do the whole house, we ending up changing contracts 3 times, which slowed down the process a fair bit. but to be fair he was straight out about when we would be fully committed.

If I get more for another room, I will be using the local shop who are agents for the scottish crowd.

If you want for information on the Scottish crowd, I would be happy to pm you with the shops phone number and details, I imagine they are a sort of franchise and would be happy to let you know who the supplier is so you could find out if a shop near you is dealing with them.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Loopymum...do you mind me asking you where the local shop is? Need kind of akward blinds too and need to do some research. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RedLady

Hi, I'd like to know as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Not at all. Happy to help, did alot of research at the time. Burkes of Bantry 027 50009. I'm sure they could help you out with the number of someone near you or else the manufacturers number. Sorry cant remember the name of the scottish company who they are agents for.

Our square bay window cost €1500 from TSs. 4 straight panes and 2 angled panes. The two angled cost almost as much as the other four together. All the blinds are suited to tilt and turn windows.

b4i also do pleated but I wasnt too keen on the fabric or fitting them ourselves, yes they were cheaper but harder to visualise, the saving wouldnt have been worth it. and they couldnt have handled the window with the angle.

I also rang Hillarys blinds, found them useless too, never called to arrange an appointment, emailed them and got no response.

I do not work and not related to any of the companies above.:D

Chris

• Advertisement
Advertisement