Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catalogue of Fantastic (and crap) Star Trek Episodes

• 29-05-2007 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

I thought it would be excellent to get a complete catalogue of excellent Trek episodes from all the series. You do not have to give the episode title if you dont know it, just a description. I will get the ball rolling, my fav from the original series, the one with the romulan bird of prey, TNG, the episode with the USS Phoenix, DS9, Way of the Warrior, klingons attack the station, and the station kicks their ass!, Voyager, the one with the USS Prometheus, Enterprise, the one with the evil parallel universe and the defiant from the 23rd century makes their way in their hands and Sato becomes empress of earth.
    Any further suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The only crap episode I can think of at the moment is the stupid DS9 episode where Sisko plays a writer in racist America, man that on bored me to death!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Good episode -- Original Series : The Galileo Seven. Spock finds out there's more to being in command than logic when the shuttle-craft crash lands and is marooned on a strange planet. Great episode.

Crap episode -- Enterprise : The one with Captain Archer in it. (hoho!).

Really though, leaving Enterprise aside because it's just too easy... The TNG episode 'Naked Now' was truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

TNG Episode called Shades of Gray, where Riker gets stung by an Alien creature, and spends the time in Sickbay reliving memories ... aka a clip show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Im a huge of of DS9 - "The Die Is The Cast" its the 2 parter during which a combined obsidian order/tal shiar fleet enters the gamma quadrent

Also its a gereck episode

Hey u there person who said enterpise is **** why dont you watch in a mirror darkly for a good enterpise episode or "Anzati Prime"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

User45701 wrote:
    Hey u there person who said enterpise is **** why dont you watch in a mirror darkly for a good enterpise episode or "Anzati Prime"
    Haven't seen Anzati Prime (I'll see if I can get a hold of it somewhere), but In A Mirror Darkly is 'alright' at best. It's certainly not a bad episode of Trek but it's most notable, imo, as having absolutely nothing to do with the series as a whole. Totally stand-alone. Interesting, but pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

3rd series of Enterprise was very good, I thought. "Damage" was my favourite episode of it. Nothing major happened in it really. Just them trying to make repairs after a battle in the previous ep. Although they do steel a warp coil/core from another ship.

DS9 has far too many brilliant episodes to name. I'm rewatching them all atm. On series 3 now and there has only been a handful of bad episodes.

Ro: maaan! wrote:

DS9 has far too many brilliant episodes to name. I'm rewatching them all atm. On series 3 now and there has only been a handful of bad episodes.

I would disagree. I think DS9 has several bad and average episodes in the first 3 seasons. In my opinion the turning point from ordinary to great episodes was the introduction of the Jem-hadar, ie the episode were Jake and Nog try and fly a runabout in battle. After that you have the aforementioned tal shiar/ obsidian order invasion episode, and one of my favs the one were sisko, bashir and dax are sent to the 21st century and sisko becomes gabriel bell. great episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

kinda surprised no-one's mentioned Best Of Both Worlds yet. Even if it does look a little bit dated these days.

Is it my imagination or was there a DS9 ep named Brave Fortune or some such. It was one of the DS9 battles I think, either a Federation Controlled DS9 and the Cardassians against the Klingons. Or a Federation Controlled DS9 and Kilngon force against the Cardassians. Or a Federation Controlled DS9 and Kilngon force against the Dominion. Or a Dominion Controlled DS9 against the Federation and Klingons.

Not too sure if the one in bold actually happened or if I'm mixing it up with the Dominiom attack and capture of the station

I would disagree. I think DS9 has several bad and average episodes in the first 3 seasons. In my opinion the turning point from ordinary to great episodes was the introduction of the Jem-hadar, ie the episode were Jake and Nog try and fly a runabout in battle. After that you have the aforementioned tal shiar/ obsidian order invasion episode, and one of my favs the one were sisko, bashir and dax are sent to the 21st century and sisko becomes gabriel bell. great episode.
    I agree. Dominion was a turning point. Turned a good show into a great show. Episodes get infinitely better from there on. But I still think that the first 2 seasons were just as good if not better than tng etc.

And as unpopular as the opinion may be, I think Voyager had some of the best episodes too. As a whole it may not have been the best series, but as for individual episodes/plots it was up there with DS9.

Id also reccomend for enterpise and episode in early season 3 called "Twilight"

• Advertisement

There are so many cool TOS epsidoes - Arena, Tomorrow Is Yesterday, Space Seed, The City on the Edge of Forever, Amok Time, Mirror, Mirror, The Doomsday Machine, Wolf in the Fold, A Piece of the Action, The Enterprise Incident, The Tholian Web, The Mark of Gideon, The Way to Eden.

Thats 13 great epiosdes, with the classics in bold.

Also, TNG was an excellent series - Encounter at Farpoint, Hide and Q, Skin of Evil, Elementary, Dear Data, The Measure of a Man, Q Who?, The High Ground, Déjà Q, Yesterday's Enterprise, The Best of Both Worlds, Legacy, Clues, QPid, In Theory, Unification, Power Play, Cause and Effect, I, Borg, The Inner Light, Relics, True-Q, Face of the Enemy, Lessons, Descent, Gambit, Attached, Parallels, The Pegasus, All Good Things.

Thats alomost 30 great epiosdes, with the classics in bold, and real great Trek episode is bold and italics!

Ye Yesterdays enterprise was a great one,
    what about this for an idea since so many people always moan about voyager, whats your fav voyager episode,

i liked "year of hell" must have seen it over 50 times
    the killing game was also a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

User45701 wrote:
    Ye Yesterdays enterprise was a great one,
    what about this for an idea since so many people always moan about voyager, whats your fav voyager episode,

i liked "year of hell" must have seen it over 50 times

Yeah, I also enjoyed year of hell. Also, for some reason, I liked the 2-parter where they go back to 1996.

But on the other side of that, I absolutly hated those "oirish" episodes on the holodeck. I just found them cringe-worthy. :eek:

In DS9, I thought the episode where Sisko gets Garek to trick the Romulans into coming into the was with the Dominion was excellent, maybe one of the best DS9 episodes of them all.

Enterprise was pure rubbish, but the "in a mirror, darkly" had its moments.

The TNG episode with Picard was transformed in a Borg was one of my favourites from that show.

Kojak wrote:
    In DS9, I thought the episode where Sisko gets Garek to trick the Romulans into coming into the was with the Dominion was excellent, maybe one of the best DS9 episodes of them all.

If thats your type of episode please tell me you have seen "the die is the cast"
    Worst Case Scenario is also very good

Drone
    and
    Night
    from the start of season 4 or 5

Ah ****Counterpoint**** The Devore imperium

The equonix 2 parter was quite a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Enterprise: The alt universe one, the one where they went to the repair station and it took crew memebers.

Original Series: the one where the shuttle crash lands on a planet and the yetis hurl big rocks at them and then to get the attention of the enterprise they blow up the engine.

TNG: lots of episodes!!

DS9: The one where the jen hadar and defiant crew team up to stop renegade jem hadar from using an instant tranportation device, cant remember the name of the race though, worf visited the home planet in TNG. The one where the defiant crew crash on a planet in a jem hadar wasrship and the vorta betrays the jem hadar. The many good battle scenes.

Voyager: The episode where 8472 have the bio sphere, Episode with captain ransom, and finale.

id forgotten about season 6 episode 3 ye i do love the slo-mo style excutation of the gem'hadar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmmm.. lemmie think.

Enterprise: The two part "In a Mirror, Darkly" - that is all.....

TOS: "Balance Of Terror", "Mirror Mirror", "The Doomsday Machine", Space Seed", "The Trouble With Tribbles"

TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise", "Best Of Both Worlds", "Q-Who" (most of the Q episodes actually), "Redemption" (2-parter), "Darmok", "The Inner Light", "Face Of The Enemy", "All Good Things.." (finalé)

DS9: The most consistent and best show IMO. The majority of episodes from Season 3 onwards (especially the Dominion War arc of the last 2 seasons) are some of the best TV ever made. Some highlights though: Any of the Dukat or Garak episodes, "Defiant", "Improbable Cause / The Die Is Cast" (two-parter), "Trials and Tribullations", "His Way" (and about time it was too! :)), "In The Pale Moonlight" (fantastic!), the Section 31 episodes, and "What You Leave Behind" (part 1 of the finalé).

VOY: Not as bad as a lot of people make out I think - from Season 4 on it gets very watchable. "Message In A Bottle" (love the Prometheus :)), "Year of Hell" (two-parter), "Dark Frontier" (two-parter), "Endgame" (finalé). There's other episodes too but the titles escape me, eg: the episode where it follows their doubles from the Demon Class world (sad ending really), or the one where Chakotay and Janeway have to piece the ship back together after it's split among different time periods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The only crap episode I can think of at the moment is the stupid DS9 episode where Sisko plays a writer in racist America, man that on bored me to death!!
    Ya what? That was one of the best of the series. Much like "In the Pale Moonlight" or TNG's "The Inner Light" and "Darmok" - highlight what great actors Patrick Stewart and (to a lesser extent but still notable) Avery Brooks really are with the right material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

TNG: Starship Mine, the first half of it is very funny with Data trying to take on the 'legend' in small talk, the commander of the Remmler Array. When Data was copying him in the background miming him, when Picard talks to Data in the turbolift and also when Worf beats geordi to getting off the receptin , they are the funniest bits. And its a good episode too, with Picard going all Rambo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Tng Best : yesterdays enterprise Second : darmok Third : Best of both worlds Forth : Er the one where picard was captured by the cardies Fifth : Family? , most of tng really apart from the first 2 seasons and a handful of dodgy epiosdes in later years.

Ds9 Best : The vistor Second best : in a pale moonlight , etc much the same as tng many many great episodes to many to name

Voyager i dont consider voyager to be great its watchable but meh

Enterprise much the same as voyager

Worst episode shades of gray tng and a night in sickbay Ent

• Advertisement

Going from all the topics on this forum and all the conversations ive had with people id could safly say that "Yesterdays Enterprise" is the most popular episode. It wouldn't be my fav from all star trek but it would be the best TNG episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 risaphoenix

Lets see, been watching a lot of Voyager lately, or atleast season 3 and 4Voyager...

Season 1: Caretaker, Heros and Demons

Season 2: The 37s

Season 3: Remember, Futures End, The Q and the Grey, Unity, Before and After, Worst Case Scenario, Scorpion

Season 4: The Gift, The Raven, Message in a Bottle, The Killing Game, One

(the Finale, Endgame, is awsome too, but I'm going back and trying to watch the whole thing)

Hm...other series...

TNG: Who Watches the Watchers, Code of Honor, Where No One Has Gone Before, The Measure of a Man, The High Ground, Remember Me, Ensign Ro, Conundrum, Time's Arrow, (i saw all of this show ages ago, seen only scattered eps since)

Hm...all i can think of at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

To me the best Star Trek episodes are:
    TNG
    "The inner light" the one where picard lives a life on another planet
    "All good things" great way to end the whole thing
    "Attached", where Bev and Picard can hear each other thoughts

DS9
    "Little Green Men" where Quark ends up in 1940's earth
    "Nor the battle to the Strong" where Jake sees the worst side of a war on the ground
    "Far Beyond the stars" where Sisko imagines he is a writer in 1950's America
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" or indeed any of the ones with Section 31

Didn't really like Voyager or Enterprise so have no favs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭gipi

A goodie - Far Beyond the Stars (DS9) - my fav episode of all time! Loved all of DS9, but this is a true classic!

A baddie - from TNG, can't recall the name of it, where they rescued a bunch of colonists (the bringlodi) from a planet. The bringlodi were "playboy of the western world" Oirish, with fistfights, pigs on deck, drinking and an attempt by the leader to marry his daughter to Picard and/or Riker. Cringe-making TV....

gipi wrote:
    A baddie - from TNG, can't recall the name of it, where they rescued a bunch of colonists (the bringlodi) from a planet. The bringlodi were "playboy of the western world" Oirish, with fistfights, pigs on deck, drinking and an attempt by the leader to marry his daughter to Picard and/or Riker. Cringe-making TV....
    They were called the Bringlodi? (Brionglóidí?) That's pretty funny/coincidental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Best -> DS9 : The Visitor, to date the only piece of entertainment that's made me cry.

gipi wrote:

I think that is a good episode in terms of the whole cloning question but I would agree in terms of the stereotypical Oirish depiction. It only takes away a small bit of enjoyment form that particular episode for me. The Oirish village in Voyager is far worse, those episodes are horrible. The Star Trek writers have not got a clue about Ireland, if they were to depict the Muslims like in team America there would be uproar. What they are doing is tantamount to racism. I still love Star Trek though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Best -> DS9 : The Visitor, to date the only piece of entertainment that's made me cry.
    +1
    Best Trek ever. Sniffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I kind of lost interest after the start of DS9 and only picked up a couple of episodes in the later series'... Same with Voyager...

But my fave eps are
    TOS -
    TNG - "Cause and Effect" - definitely the best Star Trek episode ever made, IMHO (that I've seen)... A close second is "Yesterday's Enterprise", (combat and time-travel! cool!), I also like (in no particular order)... "Conundrum" (is that the one with Ciaran McDuff?), the one where there is only an old couple left on that planet, the one where Picard gets put in a prison with 3 others, "All Good Things", "Best of Both Worlds", "Redemption", "The Drumhead"... hmmm.. what else... A good bit of series 3 - 5/6 was good, but 1, 2 and 7 were fairly crap...

DS9... Hmmm... Only seen a few of these, but The Way Of The Warrior maybe, Improbable Cause/The Die is Cast, and maybe Past Tense...

Voyager - Caretaker was quite good I thought, but I think that's when it peaked...

Enterprise - Hmmm... haven't really followed this at all, but the end of an episode involving the Borg looked good... Even if it kind of screws up the history of the Borg somewhat... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Some of the worst ones were in TNG the "A Matter of Honor" (or is it Code of Honor?) anyway, Tasha has to fight a woman on some planet for the cure to some disease or something... It's one of the first ones... er... the one where Riker gets super powers ... the one where Riker dreams of earlier in the series - why do they make these clip episodes? no one wants to see them!
    ... The one where they go to the planet where everyone is making love but every crime carries the death penalty... Picard goes to Risa...

The one where the planet is ruled by women - not being sexist but the episode defeated the whole purpose of "turning it around" because the men turned out to be camp weaklings... so of course they were the oppressed ones. Actually have to watch that one again because I can't remember if all the men were.

Advertisement